1-800-Cinderella (27)

*Sniffles* This is the last chapter. This is THE END of our Cinderella story. Oh. My. God. I can't even believe it you guys. It seems like just yesterday I was getting into this story. Well, the ending is done an unchangeable. Tell me what you think about it. It's the last chapter so you HAVE TO VOTE AND COMMENT. YOU JUST HAVE TO. I'll post an epilogue and then this story will be ALL DONE. Thanks for all the support you ever gave this story. I truly appreciate it. 

Today was the day that my life was no matter what going to inevitably change. Either for the good or the bad and I wanted to spend the morning with the person who was enabling this change. I never knew how much Ben had impacted my life until the prospect of these stressful trials.

“Hey, mom? Fan Fan said she can’t come to the trial because she’s going to see her grandma today.” Ben plucked the grass out of the ground and threw it behind him in a nonchalant gesture.

It made me a smile a little when I remembered the time Trevor’s limo broke down and we were trapped in the wilderness. Like father like son.

“That’s unfortunate then.” I honestly didn’t need anymore people around to watch me possibly lose the most important case of my life.

“You don’t like Fan Fan that much, do you?” Ben snorted.

I laughed, the breeze from the early morning air brushing across my face. “It’s not that, it’s just, her name...Like her name is so irritating.”

“I think it’s pretty cool.” Ben shrugged.

“Of course you do,” I muttered. I was watching the sunrise with Ben at my side in my pajamas. The park across from the Hilton seemed to be our spot and I hoped it wouldn’t have to be the last time we hung out here. God, all of my memories were depressing me. I just wanted this trial to be over already.

“So, are you and Rye like dating or something?” Ben asked, his eyes looking everywhere but at me.

Laughing, I ruffled his hair. “Not really, not yet I mean. We have just started to get to know each other. Why? You jealous that he may replace my love for you?” That thought made me snicker.

Ben frowned. “No, it’s just that you’re like twenty something and you are single.”

I gaped. “You’re eight, what do you know?” I pushed him onto the grass and he laughed.

“I’m old for my age,” he whined, sitting up and shaking the grass off of his body.

“That you are,” I agreed, tapping his nose. “Lets go get dressed, the trial will be starting soon.” I stood up and pulled him up with me.

I was dressed conservatively, my hands shaking as I led Ben to his seat and then took my spot, refusing to look at anyone else. Naifah, Lesley, and Nancy all smiled comfortingly at me from their seats, Logan and Rye behind them with my mom sitting at the end. How cute, everyone I considered family was here all together. Morgan and Trevor were conversing in a quiet bubble, faces intense as if their discussion were heated. Maybe they would drop the case. My heart rate sped up at the thought of that.

The judge took his spot and chatted with the security before pounding his gavel down. The jury consisted of the same nonchalant faces of last time. They didn’t give me any hope nor doom. They left me with nothing.

“Good morning everyone. We are continuing the custody battle over eight year old Ben here. Cindy has full custody as of now. The birth mother and Cindy’s sister has called for this case while Trevor is the father and has staked his own claim. How are you today, Morgan?”