Chapter 44

Hannah's POV

It's night time now. We all ate dinner together. Harry sat at the very end of the table, and he didnt say much of anything. I sat at the other end next to Malory and Louis. Everyone just kinda sat there awkwardly. I hurried up and ate so I didn't have to sit there anymore. I didn't want to be around Harry.

I went upstairs and put some pajamas on. There was still some girl clothes on the dresser in what used to be my room. Malory had her own room too, but she wanted to stay with me. I thought maybe I could put in a movie while we talk. Malory hates anything scary, I'm surprised she hasn't shit her pants after meeting the boys. It is what it is.

She came in my room with her pajamas on and some bunny slippers. She's 17 years old and still wears bunny slippers. I'm 17 and dating a vampire. Wow, that sounded alot more sane in my head. Anyways, she sat down on my bed with me. I made popcorn and put in a movie I thought she would enjoy. The boys were in their own rooms. Louis agreed to give me and Mal some space, mostly because I don't know if I'm gonna see her again after this. I knew in my heart that no matter what, live or die, something will happen on fright night. I just don't know what yet. Harry said that I would be fine, but his definition of 'be fine' isn't the same as mine. I might twist my ankle, or break an arm or something. But either way one thing was for sure, their will be blood. That's something I've known even before I trusted Harry. I still don't know why I do. I guess I just know he's telling the truth, even though In reality I don't. I'm human, I don't know. Millions of thoughts were running through my head at once. I felt light headed from thinking too much.

"Are you ok?" Malory asked me. At that moment my mind became blank. It was like it was refreshing. I was able to think clearly. "Yeah," I replied to her. She wasn't convinced. She's my best friend she knows me better then anyone, even better then I know myself sometimes.

"Tell me," she said demandingly. That made me giggle. I want to talk to her, and I will, I'm just scared. I don't want to worry her because that would only worry me more. I'm sure Mal's already aware of the dangers of these boys, I just don't think she's seen them yet. I've seen their dark sides but only for a second. Honestly Louis scared me the most when he was mad. But his idea of punishment wasn't the worst thing ever. I'm sure Harry could've done worse. He bites harder.

"Sit" I said slowly. "I am sitting," she reminded me. Oh I forgot, well now I feel kinda stupid. Malory scooted closer to me. She wrapped her arm around my shoulder.

"Spill it" she said. I looked at her and nodded. "I'm just scared," I said quietly. Usually I'm the one fixing Malory's problems. She's usually the one scared shitless, and she probably is, but she isn't acting like it. Not today at least.

"Han, you think you're the only one? I'm terrified, and I bet you a million bucks so are the boys," she told me. She had a good point. If Louis loved me he wouldn't want anything to happen to me, and if something did he would be scared.

"Yeah true," I said, "I'm just not thinking straight right now." She patted my back for comfort. "Well can I ask you something Han?" She asked. I nodded and then she asked me. "Why did you agree to this?"

That question made my stomach churn. It felt like a million little butterfly's were spreading their wings. "I didn't have a choice," I said.

"No, everyone has a choice Han," she reminded me. I let a tear fall from my eyes, "not me. This time I really didn't have one."

"Well then why don't you have a choice?" She asked. I wiped my eyes. I gave her a small smile before speaking. "Because I had to let my nosy self get in the way, and find out Liam's secret. So I asked Harry and he told me, and now I owe him a favor which is fright night. And I can't get out of it because I already know. Besides, I'm helping Liam and I don't mind helping him, because he's nice and he never once hurt me like the other boys have. And he's secretly suffering, and nobody can help him but me, and I still don't know how, but I can." So I guess in a way I did have a choice. I didn't have to ask Harry to tell me, but then again I have a feeling he was going to anyway. Either or, it's too late now.