Chapter 50

~~~~~Fright Night~~~~~

PART 2

Liam's POV

It's time. Niall had already set up the chains and Zayn had taken Malory somewhere safe. I'm on my way to the cellar with Niall right now. When I say cellar, I don't mean a cellar in our basement. It's one of those city cellars. It used to be used as a storm shelter, but now nobody's uses it. There's a jail cell and a small window down there. Niall has to lock me up whenever its a full moon like tonight. So what I've been told, Hannah is coming to me. Either way, I won't remember what happens once I turn.

"Cmon mate it's raining hard," Niall said. I followed him out the door and put my hood on. It's raining, and it's cold, plus I can already feel the transition. I need to go, like now. "Niall we need to hurry, it's starting to hurt," I said. He looked at me like I was a stranger, a scary mean stranger. "Your eyes" was all he managed to say. I don't have a mirror but I can only assume they are a golden brown color. Wolf eyes. I started running and so did Niall. We reached town finally. Nobody was out, I know it's raining but it's still Halloween. I could feel a sharp pain run down my spine. I couldn't contain myself. I fell to the ground screaming. "Ahh!"

"Liam! You gotta stand up buddy we're almost there!" Niall shouted. Sadly, I couldn't stand. I tried to hold in the transition until Niall was gone away from me. "Leave now!" I told him. He wouldn't leave my side. "I'm gonna get you there," he said. He picked me up bridal style and ran as fast as he could to the city cellar. I was transitioning in his arms.

He got me there and ran straight down the steps, into the cell. We didn't have enough time to chain all of me up, we should've left sooner. I've never transitioned this early before. It's sundown but it's not even dark to me. Or maybe it is dark, then again wolf eyes make everything lighter. Niall chained one of my legs to the ground then shut the cell door and locked me up. That's all he had time for. He stood on the other side waiting for the wolf to come out. The sharp pain kept coming and coming until finally it started ripping through me. I quickly took my jacket and shirt off. I tried taking my pants off but I was in to much pain. Eventually they ripped open leaving me naked on the ground. Niall didn't care, we're both boys. The ten inches of mine was revealed. My back bulged out and my hands started extending. My eyes were gold and my fangs poked out from under my lip. The wolf was pissed. It didn't take long for the hair to start forming all around my body. Eventually I would go into a state of sleep and when I wake, I won't remember a thing. It's like a temporary coma.

"Niall leave!" I shouted at the last minute. Niall wouldn't go. I could no longer speak English, only a wolf language. Suddenly there was silence. I didn't move, it was like I was dead. No, just asleep. Liam Payne was gone.

~~Nialls POV~~~

"Liam?" I asked. I couldn't see anything through the cell. It was pitch black and I didn't hear movement. "Liam?" I asked again but slowly. I walked closer to the cell and looked through two bars. Nothing. Silence.

Suddenly, I heard a loud moan. The wolf was here, and he wasn't happy. Everything going through his head right now was telling him to feed. Just then the noise got louder and jumped out at me, making me back up a lot. The wolf banged on the cell trying to break it free. I could see him, a huge brown wolf. I growled at me, nearly biting my hand. That wouldn't be good if he did. The chain around his ankle broke and the wolf nearly got the cell open. I ran quickly up the stairs to the storm shelter opening. I ran all the way to Main Street. I could hear Liam whimpering, then howling. I knew he broke free after that.

I ran faster down the street, only to look back once to make sure he wasn't following me. He wasn't at first, then I saw him. The big brown wolf chased me all through town. It was still raining. I tripped on my shoe lace and fell to the ground. This was it, the end of me. Liam slowed down and slowly approached me. I didn't stand up, that would only startle him and piss him off. I backed up slowly on the ground. "Liam it's me! Niall! I'm your buddy!" I whisper shouted. The wolf growled, and stepped closer. Inches away from my face about to tear it off. Then I heard a howl. It wasn't Liam's howl, but another howl coming from a little north of here. Liam looked at me with a glare, then started running in another direction. He spared me, but why? I'm not sure. Maybe it's Hannah. Every human that has ever known the secret dies in the hands of Liam. It's like his sense are telling him to spare everyone until he gets her first. It makes more sense to me if I see things like that. I don't need to know why, I just gotta warn Louis and Harry that Liam got out. I was kinda expecting him to in a way. Then again, everything happens for a reason. Just sometimes, I wish I knew that reason.