Chapter 4

"Total Eclipse of the Heart"

2011 Copyright All Rights Reserved

Chapter 4

Will stretched out on his dorm room bed, his hands latched together behind his head and his legs folded over each other.

"Man, it feels so good to get away from pack life," he noted, closing his eyes.  A small smile crept up on his face as he thought about his new-found freedom.  "And I can't wait to get out and check out the new inventory, if you know what I mean."  Will pushed himself up on one elbow and looked over at Christopher who was wrestling through his drawer.  "You're going with me right?  To the clubs and stuff, you've gotta be my wing man."

Christopher turned around to look at his cousin and shot him a droll look.  "You have got to be kidding?"

Will sat all the way up on the bed and leaned over his knees, "Hell no, I'm not kidding."  Standing up he walked over to Christopher, throwing his arm over his shoulder, "Look, your my best cuz- dude. I haven't seen you in four years with the exception of Christmas.  We need to live a little, make up for lost time and sow some wild oats."  He waved his hand flippantly in the air, "I think It's high time that we make our mark on this one horse town.  What do you say, are you in?"

Christopher grunted and pulled out from underneath Will's arm.  He moved over to his closet in search of a shirt.  "I am long done sowing my wild oats, Will.  I am perfectly happy with my mate.  Besides, she would have my balls if I went out and partied the way that you are suggesting."

Will slapped his knee letting his sarcasm show. "Ah, the one and only Ms. Layla."  He rolled his eyes, "That's all dad ever talks about.  You being mated and the fact that I should be looking for my mate too.  Let me tell ya something, that conversation is starting to get really old."

Christopher chuckled.  "Being mated is a good thing you know."

"Yeah, if you don't mind being shackled for the rest of your life.  I would rather be single that be sidled up with a female for the rest of my days.  They're to clingy and high maintenance if you ask me."  

Will fell back on his bed and looked up to the ceiling seemingly in deep thought.  "You know, the femme wolves back home were hot and all but after four years of dealing with them in high school, you've seen them all.  Too much drama for me which is why I am glad that I am here instead of there.  They were suffocating the crap out of me."  

Christopher stood by the bathroom door with his clothes in his hands, ready to take a shower.  He leaned up against the door jam and stared back at his cousin,  "I will tell you this.  Layla is the best damn thing to ever walk into my life.  I wouldn't trade the moment that I met her for anything.  When you find your mate, it's like the whole world around you stops and there is no one around except you and her.  Your heart beats wildly inside of your chest, your wolf swells up with immense pride......"  

He stopped suddenly, looking off into space and grinning like a love sick fool as he reminisced about the time that he first laid eyes on his Layla.