Chapter 30

"Total Eclipse of the Heart"

2012 Copyright All Rights Reserved

Chapter 30

     Will tucked Raven into his chest and held her close to his heart while he approached the car that Layla was waiting in.  Seeing them approach, Layla stepped out of the car and held the door open for Will while he slid in the back seat, still comfortably holding on tightly to Raven. 

     Layla gave her a disapproving look but didn’t say a word.  She closed the door behind them and slipped into the drivers seat.  Several minutes later and without a single word spoken they arrived back at campus.  Layla pulled the car to a stop in front of Raven’s dorm.  "Are you guys going to be okay?" She asked, swiveling around to face them.  

     Will pushed open the door and looked up at her.  "Yeah, we'll be fine Layla, thanks for the ride." With a curt nod, she watched as Will exited the car, still cradling Raven in his arms.  The door closed with a resounding slam and she jumped.  She hated to see her friend like this.  Turning back around, she started the car again and continued to watch Will as he went up the walk.  Only after he opened the door to the building and disappeared inside did she leave praying that they didn't screw up by letting Will mate with Raven so soon. 

     He was not about to put her down yet.  His wolf craved her so badly after facing the very real threat of loosing her, that at this point, releasing her from his grasp was not an option.  Very methodically, he made his way to the elevator and stood there stiffly after he pressed the button to take them up.  He jostled his precious mate in his arms, lifting her up higher so that he could press a kiss to the top of her head.  He let his lips linger there, buried in the soft strands of her mane, breathing in her intoxicating peaches and cream scent.  

     Finally, the elevator dinged and the door opened.  Impatient to get his mate to the room, Will all but ran inside and smacked the button to take them to their floor.  The door squeaked closed and Will was tapping his foot in anticipation.  Why does it have to be so slow, he drumbled to himself, watching the lighted numbers escalate at a turtles pace.  

     On the heel of that very same thought, the elevator came to a jolting stop, causing Will to stagger backwards with Raven in his arms.  “What the hell?”  he exclaimed, staring up at the lighted numbers that now seemed to be stuck on '4'. 

     Hearing Will's curse, Raven lifted her head to see what was going on.  The first thing that she spotted was the red light blinking up under the the boxed in telephone.  Making a subtle clearing of the throat sound, she pointed towards the light.  “I believe we're stuck," she told him plaintively, "You might want to pick up that phone over there and dial security for help.”

    He looked down at his little mate and in a show of arrogant male machoism, he grunted, "I knew that."  Not bothering to set Raven down, he crossed the elevator and picked up the receiver, dialing # 242 just as the instructions on the base instructed.

     The phone instantly rang and on the second ring, an overly perky and yet very feminine voice greeted him.

    “Security desk, it's a great day!  How may I assist you?”

     You have got to be kidding, Will thought irritably.  The woman sounded like Barbie on crack.  He was in no mood to be cordial, all he wanted was to get his mate to their room- alone.  Was that really to much to ask after the week they have been having?    “Yeah," he barked, "We’re in the elevator and it’s stuck- as in not moving and we can't get out.”