Chapter 29

"Total Eclipse of the Heart"

2012 Copyright All Rights Reserved

Chapter 29

     The moment that Will stepped out of the shower, he knew something was wrong.  His gut twisted into a painful knot and his heart beat like a jack hammer in his chest.  Pulling on his jeans, he glanced up at the closed door and a tidal wave of fear bowled him over.  Raven.

     Not bothering to button his jeans or grab a shirt, he wrenched open the door and darted  out into their dorm room.  "Raven?  Sweetheart?" He called out, feeling that knot in his abdomen pull even tighter.

     She wasn't there.  He could still catch her scent, but she was no where to be seen.  He ran to the closet and double checked, only confirming what he already knew.  She left him.  "Dammit!" He bellowed, spinning around and angrily punching a whole in the wall.  He knew that she was up to something.  He could sense it and yet he did nothing about it.  He let her go.

     This was the second time that he effed up with his mate.  Standing there in the center of the room, his hand pulsed with pain, but he wasn't feeling an ounce of it.  All he could feel was the hollow emptiness in his chest and that hurt like a bitch.  His mate was gone. 

      Not for long though.  Will refused to let her run.  He promised her that he would take care of her and he meant that, no matter how much she wanted to fight it.  She was his mate; his life partner.  Through thick and thin, the good and the bad, the beautiful and the ugly, he would always be there for her.  That's the way it was supposed to be. 

      He went over to the night stand, grabbed his phone and headed for the door.  He was going to get his mate and make her see how much that he needed her to be with him.   One way or the other, he would prove to her that she belonged with him; at his side.  She was the best part of him and without her; he would be nothing. 

                                                       ********************************************

     Raven stood tall and defiant as she glared hard at Kevin.  She was so sick and tired of all the threats to both her and her friends.  She'd put up with about as much as she could take.  This was going to end now.  Bracing herself, she let her hands hang freely by her side and waited for him to make the first move.  She wasn’t about to go down without a fight.

      Kevin was amused at the gall of this little bit of a human.  Did she really think that she could take on the likes of him?  If so, she was one crazy chick.  He could break her in half with the snap of his fingers.  Putting his hands on his hips, he shook his head at her.  “Did you seriously just dare me to come and get you?”

     Raven’s demeanor didn’t give an inch.  If she was going to die, she would die with her pride in tact.   “I did and I believe what I actually said was that I I fucking dare you boy.” 

     His answering smile was malicious.  If she was going to give him a fight, then he just might enjoy killing her.  Too bad Will had claimed her, he wouldn't have minded having a little something-something with this much spunk on the side himself.  "Play time is over," he said, slowly stalking towards Raven.  “This is going to be like taking candy from a baby. “