Chapter 8

"Total Eclipse of the Heart"

2011 All Rights Reserved

Chapter 8

     "So...you want to tell me more about this little problem that you have?"  Will held open the door to the Cafe for Raven, ecstatic that she had not completely shut him down.  

     She shrugged, hugging her small bag to her chest.  "I wouldn't want to bother you with my problems Will."

     He smiled at that.  His little mate was so blind to how much he actually wanted to help her.  As long as it meant that they could spend time together, then he would do his damndest to try and figure out the secret to world peace if that was what would make his Raven happy. 

     He placed his hand lightly at the small of her back and led her towards an empty table, "You never know, I might be able to help you come up with a solution."  He pulled out the chair for her and motioned for her to sit down.  Grinning he pushed, "I'm a great listener."

     Raven smiled.  She actually smiled at him and that absolutely stole his breath away.  For a moment it was as if his entire world tilted.  This little lady with the deep chocolate curls has managed to do what he had always thought was the impossible....she has tamed him.

     One smile and she had captivated his entire being.  Oh the things he would do to see that smile day after day grace her face.  He would move mountains, only to see his beautiful mate smile up at him just like she was doing right now.

     Just this morning, Raven struggled to get out of bed and get dressed.  Every day was a struggle with her just to go through the motions but now, with this one guy, everything just seemed...easy.  So easy that she felt herself smile and that was something that she hadn't since that cursed day that ripped her world in two.

     "You are something else Will," she teased.  She found it incredibly easy to talk to the guy.  Maybe this was what she needed, she thought to herself.  Someone who didn't know her, didn't know her past to talk to.  Someone who didn't look at her with pity in their eyes or look at her as if they were scared to death that she was going to break in half at any second.

     Maybe she needed someone like Will.

     Being in the cafe, there was an array of scents that assaulted Will's sensitive senses.  Any other time, they would be putting his wolf in a tizzie, but right now, standing beside Raven, he only smelt one scent and it was intoxicating.  It was the smell of his mate; sweet peaches and cream. He could easily get drunk off it.

     How in the world he had ever lived up till now without Raven in his life was a mystery to him.  She was everything he could have imagined and then some.  She was his universe.  That realization struck him dumb.

     What would he do if she didn't accept him.  What would she do when she discovered his truths, his history and lineage.  Would she walk away from him?  Would she let him in her heart?  What if she never gave him a chance to love her the way that she deserved to be loved, the way that Zach had loved her.