Chapter 9

Special thanks for the really cool banner on the side to heyyouthere4434 !!

"Total Eclipse of the Heart"

2011 Copyright All Rights Reserved

Chapter 9

     For the first time in months Raven was actually beginning to get excited about something.  Will had given her the perfect idea for a thank you present to her friends and she even managed to muster a tiny smile.

     Will walked beside Raven, enjoying the fact that he was bear his mate.  They were headed back to the dorm that he and Christopher shared to tell them the big news.  It had only taken him minutes to secure the needed plane tickets for the four of them and now they were all set for the trip to Florida.  The flight would depart just after one on Friday and the return flight was scheduled to come in around five on Monday, which happened to be a holiday.  As it worked out, no one would have to miss any of their classes.

     It was perfect and the best part of it all Will thought to himself was that it put a smile on his little mate's face.  He loved seeing her smile, he loved seeing that little spark in her eyes and he loved seeing her face light up with happiness.

      Will snuck a glance in Raven's direction and teased, "Someones looking awfully happy.....  You better be careful, that smile could be infectious."

     They both stopped in front of the closed dorm room door.  She turned to her side and lifted her head so that she could look at Will.  She noticed for the first how incredibly tall that he was.  Zach had been tall standing at 5' 10 which was considerably taller than her meager 5' 2 but Will must have been at least 6'4 she guessed.  He towered over her and oddly enough, instead of feeling intimidated by his size, she was comforted.  

     They gazed into each others eyes for what seemed to be an eternity and what captured Raven's interest more than anything else was his eyes.  Those deep pools of icy blue that reflected so much warmth that she found herself craving it.  Craving the warmth that she knew those all knowing eyes of blue could bring her.     

     "You know Will," She started, letting her feelings speak for themselves, "For the first time in nine months I think I can honestly say that I am happy."  She poked him in the arm playfully, And you my friend, can take the blame for that one."  She turned her head away from him and stared down the long length of the hall.  "I think I almost forgot what it was like to smile but you....." She shrugged before turning back to face Will again, "You've manage to help me see what it's like again and I think I kind of like it."

     "I think I like seeing you smile, " Will answered.  His tone was gruff with the heavy weight of all of the emotions that he was feeling.  At that very moment, he wanted more than anything to touch her face, caress her cheek but he restrained himself.  It was too soon.  He had to remember that.  He needed to gain her trust first.  

     Right now, she needed a friend and he was more than willing to be that friend that she so desperately needed in hopes that the bond between them would grow stronger and fate would take it's natural course.