Chapter 28

"Total Eclipse of the Heart"

2012 Copyright All Rights Reserved

Chapter 28        

     Raven awoke shortly before dawn and found her body comfortably intertwined with Will’s.  She lay there for several long minutes, reflecting on both the dream and then the awful nightmare that she had last night. 

     The dream that left her with a smile was of a time set off in the future.  She envisioned Will and herself with a small little girl brandishing Will's blue eyes and topped with a head of curls like her own. They played and they laughed,  reminding her of how good life could be.  But then the nightmare came, stealing away her happiness like a thief in the dead of night.  She shivered as she remembered the powerful images that foreshadowed Will's death.   

     Laying there, watching the light slowly brighten the room, Raven had come to a heart breaking decision.  She knew that it would hurt Will and crush her own heart in the process but in the long run, it would be for the best. More importantly, it would keep him alive and that's all that mattered.

     There was no way that she would be able to live with herself if any more blood was spilled because of her.  The answer seemed so simple and as of now, it was her only alternative.  She had to leave.  She needed to get away from everyone that she cared about in hopes that she would protect their lives.  She refused to let what happened to Zach, happen to those that she cares the most about. 

     But right now, she had this.  This small moment that she could let herself sink into Will and revel in his warmth one last time.  She wanted to imprint to her memory exactly how good it felt to be held by him.  He had been so tender with her the night before and leaving him was going to tear her apart, but she would do it; she didn't have any other choice. 

     She felt him flex his muscles around her abdomen, followed by a warm wetness on her shoulder as his tongue made a lazy pass over the mark that he had given her.  She shuddered and then giggled from the sweet torture that he was inflicting on her.

       “Good Morning Sweetheart.”  His deep baritone voice was as smooth as whiskey and covered her senses, making her feel a little drunk on the sensation alone.  His hand smoothed up her belly, gently caressing her and at the same time Raven's eyes began to fill with un-shed tears.  She didn't want to leave this; she didn't want to not be able to wake up and hear his voice first thing in the morning.  But her want's weren't the issue anymore; Will's safety was.  He had a whole pack dependent on  him.

     Taking a breath, she quickly shoved her bad thoughts away.  She had to keep up pretenses because If Will had any indication of her plans; he would quickly dispel them and she couldn't let that happen- not today.  She would have plenty of time for the thousands of tears that would inevitably fall when she was gone and alone.  

     More determined now, she put on her best happy face, and rolled over to face her gorgeous mate.  “Good morning, handsome,” she smiled.  She watched Will as he used his finger to trace patterns on her belly.  Why does life have to suck so bad?  

     "What's that frown for?" Will asked, his hand stopping to rest on her stomach.