Chapter 12

“Total Eclipse of the Heart”

2011 © All Rights Reserved

Chapter 12

     Raven and Will walked into the house, side by side.  “This place is huge,” she remarked, taking in the expansive house.  “Your family must be rich.”

     Will chuckled, “They do well for themselves.  We deal with citrus exports and it has proven to be rather successful.  My dad had this estate built and all of the workers live here, on the grounds.  It makes everything much easier and more cost effective in the end.”  What he failed to mention was that the business was a pack business and packs were family.  Every dollar earned went for the good of the pack, not to any single individual.  That was what really made their business venture such a success.

     “Hmm,” she commented, still taking in the extent of the artwork in just the molding alone.  Everything in the house was exquisite and it was hard to believe that people actually lived in this house.  Words could not describe how beautiful the structure was.

     “Impressed?” Will teased.

     “That’s a mild understatement.”  Before he knew what he was doing, Will lifted her hand to his mouth, and pressed his lips against her skin.  It was warm and smelled of peaches and cream, the scent that he had come to recognize as intricate to Raven alone.  She blushed prettily and Will grinned, loving the fact that he was the one to put the color in her cheeks like that.

     “Will is that you?”

     He turned around, not yet willing to let go of his mate’s and smiled.  “Mom,” he beamed with pride, “I have someone that I want you to meet.”  Lightly tugging on Raven’s hand, he pulled her up beside of him.  “Raven, this is my mom, Rosalyn Martin and mom, this is Raven.”

     Raven held out her hand expecting his mother to accept it and shake as well but was taken by surprise when the older woman engulfed her in a bone crushing hug.  “It’s so nice to finally meet you,” his mother said, releasing her and stepping back.  “You’re a very beautiful young lady, you know.”

     “Thank you Mrs. Martin,” Raven replied shyly and then added, “You have a very beautiful home.”

     “Oh, please call me Roasalyn.  When you say Mrs. Martin it makes me feel so old.” 

     “Who’s feeling old?”  Evan walked in and stood beside of his wife, placing his arm over her shoulder while leaning in to kiss her on the cheek.  Raven wasn’t used to such outwards displays of affection between older couples and couldn’t stop the blush that rose in her cheeks for the second time in a matter of minutes.

    The dark headed man, turned to Raven and Will, “And you must be Raven.”

     “Yes, sir,” she nodded, “That would be me.”

     “I’ve heard a lot about you young lady.”