Chapter 11

Special thanks to Carla Meyer for the beautiful cover :D

"Total Eclipse of the Heart"

2011 Copyright All Rights Reserved

Chapter 11

     As they made their way through the airport, a child like voice yelled out Christoper's name, filling the waiting room.  Hearing the small voice, Christopher took off running through the crowds to pick up a small young boy with big green eyes.  He appeared to be around five or maybe six years old and had a very similar look of mischief embedded into his face.   

     Raven couldn't help but to smile at that.  This had to be his Joel, his baby brother.  At the same moment, She turned to Will who was carefully watching her.  His stare was intense and the smile that he offered her was absolutely breathtaking.  For the span of a whole minute it was as if they were the only two in the airport waiting area, staring into each other's eyes. 

     It was Will that finally broke the moment; when he realized that his own families full attention were centered on the pair.  He held out his hand to his mate and prayed that she would take it. When she did, enfolding her slender hand in his, his wolf purred like a contented pup and the smile on his fave growing even wider if that was possible.

     Knowing that he couldn't hold off the introductions off much longer, he gave her hand a gentle squeeze of reassurance.  "Come on," he said softly, "Let's introduce you to the crew."

     They walked towards the large group of people who all  was staring  at them with curious glances,  For a brief moment, Raven wanted to do nothing more than turn tail and run.  Will's steady hold on her hand was the only thing that kept her moving forward.  

     Approaching the crowd, she dug deep to put on her best happy face.  She was happy, but nervous and scared too.  What if they didn't like her?  What if they hated her and thought she was nothing more than an intruder looking for a free ride? 

     Will brought them to a stop.  Standing in front of them was an older couple.  The woman held a warm smile as she took in there interlaced hands and the man; who looked very much like Will grinned.  "Mom, dad, I want you to meet-"

     "What the hell is this?"  A beautiful blond stepped out from behind the couple; glaring furiously at Raven.  All the while her gaze bore into Raven's, she spoke in a haughty manner to Will.  "They don't belong here Will and you know it." 

     If a single look could kill, Raven had no doubts that she would be dead right now.  The obvious hatred that the blond perceived her with was almost smothering.  Seeing her very real fears come to life right in front of her eyes; she jerked her hand from Will's and turned to escape.  She knew when she was wanted and that message was sent to her loud and clear.

     Will was taken off guard when Raven suddenly ripped her hand from his.  One minute she was there; the next she was gone.  He had been silently seething over the fact that Serena had dared to question his mate.  

     Glaring in Serena's direction, he lifted his hand and pointed at her.  "That was a mistake Serena.  I'll deal with you soon enough."  His eyes flitted to his fathers.  "Will you get her out of her while I go and get my mate.  I will not have her harassed any further."