Chapter 19

"Total Eclipse of the Heart"

 2012 Copyright All Rights Reserved

Chapter 19

     Walking down the narrow steps of the estate, Raven couldn't believe how quiet it everything seemed albeit was six in the morning and most everyone was still a sleep.  It was just so different compared to yesterday when the house was alive with people buzzing all around.   

     Raven followed Will into the kitchen where he pulled out a bar stool at the island and motioned for her to have a seat.  Layla was right behind her and took the seat beside of her .  When she was good and settled he made his way to the refrigerator and started to poke around for the things that he needed to make breakfast. 

     Raven was awe struck, sitting there in the modern kitchen as she watched Will pull out a carton of eggs.  The fact that he told her that he was going to cook her breakfast was one thing, but to actually see it, well that was a whole different matter entirely.  He moved around the kitchen rather competently and again she envisioned him with nothing but a blue checkered apron on.

     "What?" He asked, glancing over his shoulder while beating several eggs in a bowl

     "You," she replied poignantly.  "You're just full of surprises aren't you?"

       "Oh you haven't seen anything yet.  You ought to see me making flap jacks."  With his free hand, he lifted it to his mouth and kissed his fingers, "C'est magnifique." 

     Layla roared in laughter.  "Wow, Will...... you're pulling out all the stops are'nt you?"

     He shot Raven a teasing grin and winked. "Anything for my girl." 

     She rolled her eyes.  "Boys will be boys."

     Will chuckled.  Satisfied that he had scrambled the eggs enough, he went to the stove and pulled out a frying pan for the bacon.  "Yup," he agreed, his back to both Raven and Layla, "Boys will be boys but on the flip side of the coin- girls will be girls too."

      Layla shared an amused glance with Raven. "Christopher says the same thing."

     Will turned around and there was just something about the way he looked, standing in front of a stove with a spatula in one hand Raven thought to herself, something so homey and so charming that it made her feel all warm and tingly inside.

     His pinned her with his gaze.  "Raven can be all the girl that she wants to be as long as she's mine, that's all that matters."  

     Layla sat forward on her stool, studiously watching Will.  Christopher had told her about his past and she hoped to God that his past was exactly what it was meant to be, the past.  Otherwise, she wouldn't think twice about removing his man parts with a plastic spork and then shoving them down his own throat.  "And I take it that you belong to her as well," she commented, "Because you know this mating thing is a two way street."  She pointed her finger at him in warning, "That means no more strange for you."