Chapter 5

"Total Eclipse of the Heart"

2011 Copyright All Rights Reserved

Chapter 5

Will scowled at Christopher, "There is nothing for you to handle.  She's my mate, I'll take care of her.  End of story.  I just need you to tell me what is wrong with her, why is she so sad?"

Christopher turned and stomped off into the room, brushing by Will's shoulder in the process.  "You can forget it Will, She is not one of your play things.  Raven is off limits to you.  You might as well forget that you ever saw her." 

"What the hell?"  Will turned and angrily followed into Christopher's foot steps.  That was his mate and he would be damned if he was going to let someone tell him to stay away from her. 

"She is mine, Christopher.  Not you, an army or God himself will keep me from  her.  I was the one made for her, I will be he one to take care of her."  Will was loosing what little patience that he had talking with Christopher.  His voice was rising with each new word and it wolf was all but itching to break out of his skin just so that he could get to his mate.

Christopher quickly closed the distance between them and pushed Will roughly up against the wall.
He leaned in to him so close that Will could feel his hot breath warming his ear, Christopher angrily whispered his warning, "If you don't stay away from her, so help me, I will kill you."

Both Will and Christopher's eyes had gone obsidian black, the color of their wolves.  Layla could feel the tension between the two mounting.  Walking in the room, she closed the door behind her and moved to Christopher, placing a hand on his shoulder.

"Christopher, calm down."  Her tone was soft and that was all that he needed in order to break through to his wolf.

Stepping back, he pulled Layla into his arms and let her satin touch sink into him.  It was amazing how the simple touch of one amazing female could affect him so, he mused.  Exhaling a deep breath, he placed a kiss on her brow and stepped back, "It's okay babe, I'm calm now," he told her.

"Are you sure?" She asked, wrapping her arms around his waist.

"Yeah, I'm sure."   He looked over at Will and grimaced.  He may be calm but Will was far from it.  "Babe, why don't you go check on Raven while I have a little heart to heart with my cousin?"

She stepped back from her mate and glanced back and forth between the two guys who were staring each other down, "I don't know if that's such a good idea." She voiced, her brow knitted with worry.

"We're fine," they both said simultaneously.

"I don't know......"

"Just go Layla," Christopher snapped.

She bristled at his tone, "Christopher Levins, don't you dare use that tone with me."

Christopher's shoulders dropped and he went to her side, grabbing her gently by the arms. "Look babe, I'm sorry I was so curt with you but Will and i really need to talk.  We will behave, promise."