Chapter 33

"Total Eclipse of the Heart"

2012 Copyright All Rights Reserved

Chapter 33

      Sitting as still as a statue, Raven glared at both Serena and Kevin.  She could hear Layla making small whimpering sounds from beside her but pushed them out of her mind.  Straightening her back in defiance, she kept all of her attention pinned in front of her; more than ready to face down their captors.

      “What do you want from us?” She asked, mustering up what strength she had and not bothering to hide the anger in her voice.

     Serena smiled.  She looked Raven up and down before stalking over to her, stopping directly in front of her.  She grabbed her roughly by the chin and wrenched her face up to her so that they were seeing each other eye to eye.  She wanted to see the fear in Raven's eyes when she told her their plans.  “Your death,” she replied casually, speaking as easily as if she was talking about what was for dinner.

     Raven disappointed her.  She only continued to glare back at her, not even twitching one eye muscle.  Serena stood broodingly over Raven and wrinkled her nose in disgust when the scent hit her.  Snarling, she pushed her face away from her.  “Unbelievable,” she said, turning around to face Kevin, “He’s already impregnated the bitch?”

     All that Raven could focus on was keeping Layla and the babe that she now carried- safe.   She shook her head back and forth in denial while holding her cuffed hands out in front of her, desperately trying to cover her abdomen. 

     Serena began to slowly circle Raven’s chair, watching her like the predator she was.  “Damn!” She shook her head and chuckled at the thought, “He really lowered his standards when he mated you.”

     She stopped in front of front of her again, and met Raven’s gaze.  The fact that Raven didn’t cower, galled her to no end.  Serena turned and moved as if she was going to walk away from her.  And in the very next, second before Raven had a chance to react; her fist swung back around full throttle, nailing her hard in the jaw. 

     Her head jerked to the side and Layla screamed out in protest.  Instantly, she felt the swelling begin at the corner of her mouth.  The side of her face throbbed but Raven still didn’t back down.  Instead, she turned back to her nemesis and narrowed her gaze on her.  “Is that the best you got?” She asked her with a mocking smile.

     Serena placed her hands on her hips, not saying anything for several long moments.  What’s it going to take to break this chick?  She wondered, circling her again.  She was nothing more than a pitiful human- weak.  “You won’t be smiling much longer girl,” she told her,”Because I’m telling you now that you will die today.  Mark my words; you will bleed out from my claws and I’m going to enjoy every fucking minute of it.”  

     Serena’s smug satisfaction written all over her face when she came back around and stopped in front of Raven once again. 

     Raven snorted.  “I wouldn’t bet on it,” she muttered.