Chapter 36- Unlikely Pair

Chapter 36

Unlikely Pair

Disclaimer: I do not own Fairy Tail or its characters, only my own OC's, Energy Magic, and Ideas

.:+:.

"I see... We were wrong...I understand... Now I understand! It meant we mustn't collect them! That's what the message in this book meant! The pieces of the clock, we weren't supposed to get them!"

"Is that what Angel was taking about? They were waiting for us to gather them?"

.:+:.

We were tricked.

Of course we were, it was no wonder everything made absolutely no sense at all. We were on a wild chase from the beginning and now we are paying for it, we already paid for it. We got out asses handed to us by Oracion Seis, like we've been getting out asses kicked by the Legion all the same... Damn it...

"Oracion Seis hmm? Just another thing we don't need..." Macao muttered, Frea glanced toward him from where she sat at the bar, Moon beside her with Wendy and Carla on her other side. They had been taken back to the Guild by Ichiya shortly after Natsu came to, where they had gotten back to find the Guild mostly empty and Master gone.

"So that's why Master was called by the Council." Wakaba murmured, all of them having been already informed of his absence by now.

"Yes," Erza replied with a nod, her arms crossing over her chest.

"They're stronger than they were seven years ago," Gray muttered.

"So much so that we were helpless against them." Carla murmured, earning a tense nod from most everyone else.

"Tch..." Frea hissed under her breath, glancing away to stare at the wall behind the bar, frowning deeply.

"We couldn't do anything.."

"When you really get down to it, it was all my fault..." Frea's eyes narrowed, easily recognizing Michelle's voice. She huffed a little, barely loud enough for anyone but Moon to hear- but Wendy did hear it and glanced toward the Energy Dragon Slayer in confusion.

"No, it wasn't your fault Michelle." Lucy quickly said, "Remember what Natsu said before? My father should have left a more detailed message.."

"Lucy, how did your father even get involved with the Clock in the first place?" Wendy asked, looking away from Frea for the moment. Lucy sighed silently and her head bowed a bit,

"I don't know that myself..."

"We'll solve that mystery another day." Erza said firmly, "Right now, we have to find Oracion Seis and take back the Infinity Clock."

If they didn't, they were looking at a world that would be consumed by Chaos... Frea closed her eyes, she didn't like this, as she knew there was definitely something coming. The air felt thick, there was a dark anticipation about and it was putting her a bit on edge.

Funny though, considering she hadn't sensed anything malicious about this entire thing besides her misgivings about Michelle. It was only now all that evil began to be known to her, and she was shocked a bit at the fact- usually she was the first to sense anything of this sort and yet she hadn't.

Am I getting sloppy, or what?

"Then lets go!" Nasty jumped up. "If we start looking everywhere, we're bound to find them eventually, right?!" Frea sighed and shook her head a bit, Natsu was back to making stupid suggestions again...