Chapter 49- Into Death Bolt's Shadow

Chapter 49

Into Death Bolt's Shadow

Disclaimer: I do not own Fairy Tail or its characters, only my own OC's, Energy Magic, and Ideas

.:+:.

Swirling black, endless shadow, the world dead, silent, cold around her. All sense of Energy, all sound, all feeling- it was all gone... She was utterly numb.

She couldn't recall what it was that had happened, one minute she had been about to enter an all out battle with Natsu, Solana... Everyone who were trying to stop her from saving Moon.

One moment she was ready to fight... Then...

... Jynx.

Jynx did something, and all the world went black before her eyes. Now she was stuck in eternal shadow... And handy any clue, nor enough strength to try and get out.

Her body felt heavy, weak... Dead weight, she couldn't move, she couldn't open her eyes, she could only float there- all her rage and anger, her drive to get Moon back- all of that simmered dimly below the surface and wasn't enough to pull her out of the black.

"What an interesting turn in events, hmm... Malunafrey...?"

.:+:.

Moon hunched over, curling in on herself and holding her head in her paws, arms stained red and running in crimson from the five new slashes she had received.

She couldn't remember anything but pain and fear since hatching from her egg- one minute, she was in the wide new world and alone- the next, the jaws of a monster hung inches from her nose and she ran. That beast had leaped and managed to grab her- but only her once soft, rounded ears- shredding them to bits before a burst of Magic allowed her Aera for the first time, and she flew away.

And then this Guild... These awful, evil people- they found her, found her wounded and starving, wandering aimlessly with nowhere to go... She was an easy target, a toy.

A slave

She let out a few shaky breaths before sobbing overtook her- it wasn't the pain from the wounds, it was the feeling of hopelessness- the realization she'd be forever trapped here, serving vile people who loved to make her life, and others- a living hell. She'd never be rid of it, she was going to die here- suffer for years before the sweet embrace of death allowed her a reprieve from this wretched life.

So young... Left alone, to die, to suffer through this... Did she deserve any of this?

She didn't think so, not that she knew much better...

"... Hey.."

Her entire frame shook as she jumped up, head snapping around and eyes filled with tears. She scrambled backward, hitting the bars of the cage and trembling- her eyes searching frantically for the unwarranted voice, expecting Master Tomaru or some other Member that was looking to poke and prod at her.

"Woah, easy, easy... Stay quite, don't make too much noise."

She blinked the tears away enough to see who it was that was peering at her through the cage bars- his young face and bright, purple eyes- a hint of boyish freckles dotting his face. He was nearly 13 or 14, from what she guessed- she hadn't seen him all that much, his father never liked that he would come up to her. Not that he tried, that boy knew he was in trouble if Master Tomaru found him talking or even interacting with her- he had always kept a distance, but now, as the Guild around them went silent as its Members shuffled out, he had chanced coming up to the cage- the desk of Master Tomaru empty as the man was gone.