Chapter 56- To Be Slain

Chapter 56

To Be Slain

Disclaimer: I do not own Fairy Tail or its characters, only my own OC's, Energy Magic, and Ideas

"Energy Dragon-" Frea growled, leaning backward as she sucked in air and Chase moved beside her, his hand moving upward as his Magic flared about them.

"Energy Arrows!"

"-Roar!"

Silver and blue swirled together as Chase's Energy Arrows converged with Frea's Roar, the ground wrenched up and split apart by the sheer power as the combined attacks spun out toward Mordren. Frea glanced sideways, her eyes catching Chase's as they split apart instantly.

It was a very long time since they'd fought together, and even then they hardly ever did. Chase was a pacifist by nature, and didn't readily jump into fights like Frea did, and he was usually out with Aisha or Cana and Laki anyway. There hadn't been many major battles in which they had fought together since having become her student and joining the Guild, the fight with Tomaru on Tenrou and the mess in Hilshine had been the last times.

But it was almost as if they were in eachothers heads, like they both instinctively knew what the other planned and coordinated their attacks and spells in a moments time.

The combined tornado of blue and silver spun out toward Mordren at an insane speed, the ground rumbling and a trench wearing into the stone as Mordren simply smiled, not moving a single muscle as the Magic approached. In fact he looked... Amused.

"Yes... Give me everything you have." Mordren sighed quietly, his eyes closing as he leaned back slightly.

"I'll make this fair as well- I won't consume your Magic, though it does look delicious."

His voice was nearly lost to the resounding book that echoed as the combined attack made contact, and Mordren himself was lost to blazing light. Frea and Chase paused, fists clenched and senses on high alert, sweatdropping slightly at the comment.

Of course, an Energy God Slayer would be able to simply eat their Magic. Frea could eat his as well- but she wouldn't dare. His Magic was... She couldn't even hardly describe it, the first thing that came to mind at the idea of eating his Magic herself was pain. Immense pain. Eating something so powerful and wild and opposite her own nature would probably just tear her up inside, Energy Magic or not.

"Did they get him?" Wendy mumbled.

"It can't be that easy..." Gray hissed,

Frea stiffened, her eyes narrowing to slits as the dust settled and Mordren stood among it, not a scratch on him- but a trench worn into the ground on either side of him, a direct line where he stood had been untouched. Almost as if he had simply... Did he deflect that attack?!

"That's crazy, he didn't even move..!" Chase hissed, Frea growled.

"You didn't even question what it was I said?" Mordren asked, his dull eyes flicking toward Chase. "Not a wonder on 'Angel Slayer'?"

"We don't have to question insanity!" Frea snapped, her Magic blazing as Chase's did as well. Mordren blinked, watching with the utmost calm as Frea suddenly lunged his way, her movements so fast it was hard for the Guild to follow.

"Energy Lance; Storm!"

The air erupted in a blaze of light as silver beams of Magic shot down from overhead toward Mordren. He glanced upward at the attack, his attention diverted from Frea a moment as he blinked.

Without even moving a muscle, deep black sprung up through the air to engulf Frea's Magic entirely. It was destroyed in an instant, the silver quenched by the deep black in a resounding boom that rattled the stone.