Chapter 59- All Magic {END OF BOOK}

Chapter 59

All Magic

Disclaimer: I do not own Fairy Tail or its characters, only my own OC's, Energy Magic, and Ideas

.:+:.

You could have heard a pin drop half a continent away in the sheer silence that followed that harsh, unbelieving cry that made it past Mordren's lips. No one even looked at him, nor hardly any of them registered his shout of the impossible, all eyes turned to one thing, one person, and they couldn't look away, not for an instant. Many of them suddenly wondered if they were even awake, if it was a nightmare they had found themselves in? Or maybe a horror driven dream for something they wanted oh so much... and yet how?

"T-that...." There were broken gasps of half-formed words, nothing formed properly on anyone's lips as they stood in rigidness, their minds couldn't hardly make sense of what they were seeing, what happened, and they sure as hell hadn't a clue what to even feel.

Chase felt like he hadn't been breathing in years, like his body had been dragged down by tons attached to his legs, and he felt that hole in his very core shift. What part of him that had been ripped out suddenly filled again, almost all the way, but painfully low of the mark. He shook, trembling as his blue gaze stayed riveted, his tears spilling over in sheer silence as he stared.

He couldn't.... that..... how could it be....

"..... b-but.... T-Teach.... S...she....w...a...as..." He fumbled, could that even be reality?

How can a candle snuffed out so violently.... It relit....?

Mordren seemed as stricken as everyone else, some hints of humanity and bits of fear trickling into his face, showing even past the rage. He looked horrified, confounded, as he should be- he knew that Energy Signature, he felt it destroyed, and now suddenly, faint as it was now, barely a flicker- it was there.

Right fucking there.

"... You..... Ferdey... Greullan Ferdey....!" Mordren hissed, teeth gritted and shaking slightly, in rage or shock it wasn't really clear, nor was it clear what he growled just then, to everyone else's ears it meant nothing, and only faintly rung of that cryptic language of the Dragons they had seldom heard mentioned.

Mordren swept his arm out in agitation, his Magic rising around him in tune as his grey eyes flashed in the dim all around them, his body trembling as he stared, his lips pulled at the edges in a snarl.

"You cannot be alive! I destroyed you, I felt your Energy Signature snuff out!" Mordren bellowed, his voice ringing on the rocks and the lake around them, echoing slightly. "No one comes back when I kill them, no one! I am Master of Energy, of the Three Forces of creation, and thus I rule over life, and I stole yours!"

"You... you damned....fool... you really... don't get it..."

Fairy Tail's hearts clenched painfully, their tears falling anew as the painful, hoarse tenor of her voice reached them. Her words were soft, broken in places and interrupted by gasps as she seemed to just fight for air.

Frea stood, lopsided as her head and shoulders hung, nearly hunched over. Blood fell around her in a steady stream, her body heaving and shaking painfully as she struggled to just stand, her arms hanging and her hair falling about her face and shoulders, keeping her eyes and expression from view, part from the glimpses of blood still trickling from her mouth. She stumbled slightly, looking ready to fall over as the leg Mordren's Magic ran through buckled a few times, refusing to allow her put weight on it. She stayed up, but only barely.

".... How long..... have you spent obsessing.... Over the damned..... Forces of Creation... then..?" Frea managed in between harsh breaths, tilting again dangerously. "... how long... have you obsessed over the inner.... i... inner workings of Magic... and thought... you knew it... a...all.....?" She seemed to shudder, in pain or something else, it wasn't clear, but she looked up, just enough that one burning silver eye managed to lock to Mordren, he sweatdropped.