Chapter 58- Malurey

Chapter 58

Malurey

Disclaimer: I do not own Fairy Tail or its characters, only my own OC's, Energy Magic, and Ideas

"At last! The great Energy Dragon Slayer has fallen!"

Mordren raised his arms about him, his head tilting back as he called the words up to the sky, a wide smile spreading across his face as he stood in the destruction, among the wailing and the crying of those still trapped over his head.

His dull grey eyes glinted, his smile narrowed and twisted in utter delight as his face turned toward the center of the destroyed island, walking easily across the rubble and never losing his wide grin.

".... And light has fallen with her, and the balance of this world will reign in favor of the dark." He smirked, "After thousands of years of waiting, so much time... and now I can witness the new age." He breathed in deeply,

"... oh, that feeling. The feel of an Energy Signature being destroyed, ripped away from the world all in an instant.... It is the most addicting thing."

Everyone's heads fell, tears dripping from their eyes as low moans and hisses of pain rumbled in their throats. Chase held his face in his hand, his shoulders hunched and in his body the most agonizing numbness, feeling a sudden strike of sheer pain as the words were spoken aloud.

The sky overhead turned darker, the clouds rumbling and swirling faster now, more violent, stretching out across the horizon as the mass began to consume not just this kingdom, but moved toward the other nations in the world. The air was cold, throbbing with a dark, choking sense of pure evil that even the likes of regular mages could almost taste on the air. They felt chills run down their backs and pits of cold fear settle in the bottom of their stomachs, almost like the air around them was closing in, suffocating, slowly.

Pure evil was rising on the air, and still they stood, trapped, hardly able to breathe as their hearts fell into pieces with every tear and wrenching cry they let out.

Freed hissed, his head and eyes falling a moment, feeling his heart shatter more painfully than he could have imagined. Bixlow beside him had lost all of his usual childish and cheerful behavior, behind his mask there was a face twisted in pain, and his tiki dolls fell the floor around him, limp.

Freed's eyes moved to his left, glinting as his gaze settled on the form of Laxus, his heart dropping and jumping all at once as he saw his usually fearless and stony leader hunched. Laxus was bent over, his arms and clenched fists resting against the wall of Mordren's Magic, his shoulder hunched and his head bowed to the ground, hidden from view, not saying a thing, and not even seeming to be breathing at all.

Freed blinked, his eyes widening slightly as he stared at the blonde, his mind lost on all train of thought at what was quite the unusual stance for the Lightning Dragon Slayer, and yet maybe... maybe he wasn't surprised, and his heart clenched painfully.

Freed stiffened, his eyes widening more as his heart stopped altogether, his eyes locking toward the floor to catch sight of the glittering drop of moisture fall at Laxus' feet, the blonde's fist shaking as they tightened.

L-Laxus....

Mordren stalked forward still, his grey eyes glinting madly as he smiled, his lips twisted and wicked.

He stopped there, his eyes glinting in malice, locked onto the silent, unmoving form at his feet.

"..... light falls with the Energy Dragon. And now the strongest of the three Forces of Creation, has decided the fate of this world."