Chapter 9

Today was a huge day for me and my school. The choir concert is happening and rumor has it that a music producer is going to stop by to watch his son, which made me even more nervous because I have a solo. Over the last few weeks, I have found a passion for singing that is almost the strength of my love for drawing so if he liked me enough, maybe I could become a professional singer. My teacher for sure believes I do. Riley had recently gotten a bit better then she was a month ago, which means she could watch me.

            I stood in front of my wardrobe. Recently, my mother took Farkle, Riley and I to go clothes shopping so now I had plenty to choose from. I was suppose to wear something dressy but not too dressy so I chose a black close fitting dress that fit me well but was plain enough that it did not look inappropriate. I left my hair as it naturally is then applied minimal makeup. I thought I looked decent and Riley approved so I felt confident enough.

       Of course, when Lucas came over to help support me, he was aw-stuck and kept sputtering like the adorable dork he is

       Of course, when Lucas came over to help support me, he was aw-stuck and kept sputtering like the adorable dork he is. My mother was there and kept repeating how proud she was of me for getting the solo. Frankly, I thought the solo itself was no big deal. I thought the music producer was a big deal.

        When everyone was ready, my mom drove us all to the school where I was met by Mrs. Emilstin, my choir teacher. Emilstin fussed with my hair for a few seconds then dragged me away from my friends and my mom. All along the way to the choir room, Emilstin talked about the music producer and how he was in the crowd. I believe she was more nervous then I was. When we reached the choir room, the class went through all the songs and even to me, it sounded pretty great. When we came to my solo, I sang loudly and I tried my best. I made sure no one could hear the nervousness in my voice and I kept it clear.  When I was done, Mrs. Emilstin clapped along with most of the students.

       Soon after my practice solo, we were all rushed to the auditorium and placed. I was in the center which was a bit of a funny sight seeing as I was the smallest kid in high school, even in heels. The whole thing went smoothly then when it came to my solo, I saw my mom crying in the front row with all my friends smiling at me, pushing my voice farther; causing a stunned silence through the crowd. When I was done, everyone was standing and cheering. I choked up as I watched my mothers proud face, smiling through the tears. All I wanted to do was make her proud. This was undoubtedly one of the best days of my life.