Chapter 25

Maya

           As soon as my hair dresser, make-up artist, and clothing person arrived everyone started running around like chickens with their heads cut off. Lucas was trying to help with whatever he could but he did not understand what was going on. My job was to do what they say and be pretty. My clothing person, I forgot what they are called, brought me a simple black dress with ribbing throughout it. After I got dressed, with no privacy might I add, my make-up artist did a simple nude smoky eye and lip balm. We did not have enough time to do up my hair so he left it natural.

           Before shoving me into a jeep with Lucas, they threw on metal necklace and a metallic clutch. I had to put my black heels on in the jeep. I was ready before everyone was in the jeep.

           Lucas held my hand as my heels tapped nervously on the floor of the jeep. Even though its been almost a year since I became a well know celebrity, I still felt nervous before every event. In the seat behind me, Katy was nervously going on and on about how proud she was for me being as successful as I am. To be honest though, I still have no idea how I ever got so famous so fast.

           Sara, my make-up artist and friend, threw me an apple with a knowing smile. I always get hungry when I am nervous. I smiled back at her as I get settled, it was going to take thirty minutes until we got to the red carpet where huge celebrity's were going to be, like Johnny Depp and directors. My throat clenched and I quickly bit into my apple, trying to distract my thoughts.

            Through out the entire ride, the only noise that was made was Lucas and my mom talking about what all happened while he was gone. I listened but said very little, I was afraid that if I talked too much, I would puke.

            As we was pulling up to the red carpet, I remembered who I was. I am Maya Hart, also known as Sabrina Carpenter. I am a confident woman with thousands, if not millions of people ready to come to my defense if I say something wrong or trip. I never shattered when many would and I never broke under pressure. I am able to have sarcasm and humor in the darkest of times, so what is a few people with cameras going to do to get me to bend or pee myself? I smiled to myself and squeezed Lucas's hand.

            My stylist, ha I remembered what they are called, opened my door for me and I was greeted by fans yelling my name and cheering me on. I smiled and waved as I slowly got out of the Jeep. Lucas was at my side immediately, hooking my arm through his own. Cameras flashed from everywhere as I whispered in Lucas's ear, telling him to go with my mom. When Lucas left me, I walked confidently down the red carpet, stopping now and then to smile at dozens of flashing cameras.

           By the time I was done, my feet were aching from the heels and I felt slightly blinded. Lucas held my hand as we went into the cinema, which was huge and had two sections. One section, which was on a balcony, was for me and other celebrities. The section below the balcony was for people who paid half of their monthly salary to enter.

             As I looked up at Lucas who was watching the movie, I remembered exactly how lucky I was that he came back and was not dead after all. I smiled to myself, turning my attention back to the screen.

R.I.P Alan Rickman, you will always be remembered.