Chapter 22

Maya Hart

                 Lucas. His name kept being pounded into my head throughout the movie. Two seats next to me, a guy sat who looked a whole lot like Lucas. Even a year after his death, my heart was still shattered to pieces as if he took a hammer to it. When the mystery guy and I locked eyes, I could not help but again have false hope that he was still alive... Anyways, Lucas loved me too much to be able to pretend to be dead... At least I hoped so. I probably should have been paying attention to the movie with Sofia and Josh but instead, throughout most of the movie I could only think about Lucas.

                 Eventually, I felt tears threaten to over flow so I got up from my seat, hands on both sides of my face in order to hide the fact that I was a famous actress and singer. I did not need that type of stress right then, even though I knew I had a body guard who was two seats on my right and another waiting by the doors of the theater. As I got up, so did the guy that looked like Lucas. Sofia got up with me, also hiding her face. We never went anywhere in public without each other. I signaled to both Josh and my body guard to stay where they were.

                   Quietly, Sofia and I walked outside of the theater and into the almost deserted parking lot. Almost because the guy that looks a whole lot like Lucas stood awkwardly against the wall, staring at me with his mouth hanging open slightly. My eyes grew, what the hell. It could not really be him, could it?

                     Sofia quickly noticed who I was looking at and remembered him from photos I have shown her. Sofia growled, stalking up to the stranger and grabbing the front of his shirt, dragging him closer to her. She studied his face for a few minutes before pushing him away, obviously disgusted with him.

                     "What the hell!" Sofia yelled while I stood, glancing between them nervously. I now had no doubt in my mind he was Lucas, which meant he left me with no explanation. I knew I should not have hoped for something other then that.

                      Lucas raised his hands in surrender, backing up nervously. "I swear, it's not like how it seems!" Lucas half shouted and half pleaded.

                       This just seemed to make Sofia angrier, "What the fuck do you know?!" Sofia shouted, pointing at me while I glanced between them, "When I met Maya, she was broken-hearted. And guess what?! She still is! And you what?! Left her with no explanation?!" I shuddered at I watched Lucas's head slowly lower, a tear sliding down his cheek.

                         For the first time since I saw him, I spoke, "Sofia, can you please go back inside?" Sofia was about to protest when I continued, "If you do not, Josh and the body guard will get nervous and check on me. I do not need an audience right now." Sofia stared at me for a few seconds before nodding and going back through the theater doors leaving Lucas and I to glance at each other awkwardly.

                         I sighed, giving up. "Lucas, why did you leave?" I asked sharply, trying my best to keep the hurt out of my voice. Lucas looked up at me, his eyes glistening. The sight of him in pain caused me to put down my walls, allowing him to see the hurt radiate through me.

                         "I was not aware that I did until a few hours ago." Lucas whispered softly, causing me to stiffen.

                           I pulled my hair out of my pony tail, running a hand through my hair. I do this when I am nervous. "What do you mean by that, Lucas?" I asked, unable to keep the confused look off my face.

Lucas

                        Maya ran her hand through her long blonde hair which undoubtedly was just as silky as I remembered. Every second, I remembered more about her.

                        "What do you mean by that, Lucas?" Maya asked, frowning and pouting slightly. I could not believe I could ever forget about her and her perfect imperfection.

                        A few seconds after her question, I launched into everything I knew starting with the stroke and my parents raising me in Arizona. Throughout the story, Maya frowned, smiled, laughed and raised a brow. Though after I was finished, we did not have long to talk. The movie finished so many of Maya's fans came out of the building, including the girl I took out and already forgot the name of. Whatever, she could find a ride or something. Quickly, Maya and I turned around to the back of the theater and she texted her friend telling her she was in the back. After the parking lot was relatively clear, the dark haired girl who yelled at me earlier came out of the back, followed by two beefy men and a guy that looked familiar.

                       When the guy that looked familiar spotted me, his eyes grew and he flung himself at me, tackling me to the ground and punching me in the jaw. I heard Maya scream as he did so, however he was quickly pulled away from me by one of the body guards.

                       Maya came up to me, hugging me before turning to the dark haired guy and pushing him firmly in the chest, "What the hell Josh!" Maya yelled. Josh swept his hair back before stalking off, leaving us all following him with our eyes.