Chapter 10

As soon as I left the auditorium with the rest of my choir class, I was being complimented and hugged by everyone. When the random strangers left me alone, I found my friends and mom standing awkwardly to the side, each having a large smile on there faces. Lucas was the first to hug me, kissing me on my forehead then Riley came over with the first genuine smile I have seen on her face since she arrived, making today even more enjoyable. Farkle hugged me quickly then ran off to stand by Riley. My mother was still crying as she hugged me and would not stop saying how proud of me, along with how beautifully I sang. When I looked back at Riley and Farkle, they were holding hands. Somehow this day kept getting better.

           Lucas and I were talking about the music producer when an older, dark skinned man approached me with a wide smile.

           "Hello, Maya Hart. May I talk to you about an opportunity I would love to offer?" My eyes grew wide. Was this the music producer? I slowly nodded, afraid my voice would fail me.

            "I would love for you to make a music deal with you." My heart was beating so hard, I swore he must have been able to hear it. Lucas grabbed my waist, slowly bringing me closer to him; aiming to comfort me. "Your voice would be a great addition to the company and I would love to be your producer." The man reached into his pocket, "I always keep one of these on me for in case I run into talent such as your own." The man winked at me then gave me the contact, "You can contact me if you want to join at the number on the bottom of the page then you can give me the filled in contract. We can go on from there." The man smiled a last time, turning on his heel and leaving the building.

         For a few seconds, I was too stunned to do anything then Lucas suddenly lifted me up by my waist and spun me around, holding me close to his body. When he set me down again, my blue eyes were trapped by his own green ones as he smiled at me. I heard Katy clear her throat, making me jump. After several more hugs and congratulation, we left for home. It was a Friday, so Lucas was going to stay the night with me seeing as it was pretty late.

           Riley and Farkle went immediately to their bedrooms while Lucas and I laid on the couch, watching t.v. Lucas decided to play a classic, School of Rock which he knew was one of my favorites. I curled up into Lucas's arms as we watched the movie, which was hard to do seeing as Lucas kept distracting me with his lips. About half-through the movie, Lucas slipped into sleep and I followed not long after, thus concluding one of the best days of my life.

 About half-through the movie, Lucas slipped into sleep and I followed not long after, thus concluding one of the best days of my life