Chapter 11

When I woke up the next morning, Lucas's arms were still wrapped around me, causing me to blush. Katy was in the kitchen cooking what smelt like bacon, eggs and pancakes. I slowly unwrapped myself from his arms then stood up slowly, outstretching my arms. I sank to the floor next to the couch them started combing through Lucas's blond hair and pinched his nose, making him jolt awake. His eyes were swollen with sleepiness and a slow smile started developing on his handsome face while he stared at me. Lucas sat up quickly then took my hand in his.

           "Hey sleepy Huckleberry, sleep well?"

            "I slept better then I have in a long time, thank you very much for asking ma'am."  Huckleberry tilted an invisible cowboy hat at me with a large smile.

            "We have a lot to talk about lil' miss." Lucas whispered in my ear then he swooped me up from the ground then set me onto his lap, kissing me on my forehead sending goosebumps up and down my body. My mother leaned against the archway leading to the kitchen with raised brows. If I was being honest, I had no idea how long she was standing there for. I tried to push Lucas away from me so we could be more appropriate in the company of my mom but Lucas kept me securely on his lap while him and my mother laughed at my pitiful struggles. I quickly gave up, allowing Lucas to kiss my cheek while I glared at him with all my might and for a girl my size, I can be pretty ferocious.

              Lucas and Katy talked while watching football, something I was surprised to learn my mother enjoyed, while I ate breakfast. After about fifteen minutes of watching the both of them scream at the television, I went upstairs to check on Riley. I knocked on her door until I heard a groan, telling me I woke her up. I slowly slipped into her room then sat on the edge of her bed. While she was here, she occupied the bedroom next to my own. My mom and I tried our best to make this as comfortable as possible for her so the bedroom was fully furnished with everything she needed and a few things to keep her occupied. Katy made good money as the assistant for one of the richest men in the state, Mr. Hunter, so we had more then enough money to pay for everything Riley, Farkle and I needed. I was still not use to all of what we had.

        I tackled Riley in her bed, rolling around on top of her while she laughed

        I tackled Riley in her bed, rolling around on top of her while she laughed. When I got off of her, Riley sat up in bed, cheeks rosy  and laughing loudly, causing Farkle to run into the room to check on her. As soon as Riley saw Farkle, her eyes lowered and she blushed. Farkle's eyes also lowered as he blushed and left the room when he saw Riley was fine. My brow raised as I turned to Riley, a small smile on my face.

         "Riley, is there something we need to talk about?" I asked, trying not to laugh as Riley's head shook back and forth so quickly she looked like a character in an old cartoon. I shrugged then slowly left the room. As I was about to leave, I wiggled my eyebrows while smiling and closed the door behind. As I faced the hallway, I turned to see Farkle in the hallway, frowning at the ground.

          "Maya, can I talk to you?" Farkle asked quietly, his frown deepening. I nodded silently then followed him to his room.