Chapter 17

For any songs I will upload into my story, they will be one of Sabrina Carpenters favorites. Not to mention, Maya often wears The Beatles shirts, so I find this appropriate. Before you begin this chapter, I just wanted to express my gratitude to the people who find this Fanfiction interesting enough to take time out of their day to read. Thank you so much! Every reader is making me feel more confident about my writing and I hope for you all to see an improvement in my writing techniques. Thank you again! I hope you all are having a lovely day and if you are not,  I sincerely hope for your day to get better. Have an amazing week, darlin'.

-Lucas

                  Maya's small hand was in mine. I must admit, I was afraid to love. Not just to love, but to love her. Maya carried things deep inside that no one was yet to understand. I was afraid to fail, like many other people in her life. Maya is the ocean. I was just the boy that who loved the waves but was completely terrified to swim. (thank you tumbler!!)

                  Yes, I knew I loved Maya but it is incredibly stressful to know how much competition I have. Farkle, a loyal genius obviously loves my Maya and I did not understand why he was trying something with Riley, it made no sense to me at all. Josh honestly intimidated me. He is older, graduated and has history with Maya. Plus, I am not ashamed to admit that he was a good looking guy. I mean Farkle is good looking too, but I know Maya just sees him as a friend, with Josh I am a little more uncertain.

                I glanced at Maya, its hard to go a certain amount of time without looking at her. Her head was leaning against the car door, her blonde hair flowing out of the opened window. Maya's eyes were closed, a small smile danced across her full lips. With makeup, she was legitimately more beautiful then any painting created by an old master of the arts. Without it, she was the most beautiful woman I have ever seen, even compared to women who are photo shopped in magazines, she easily out does them with her beauty. Her eyes were a darker blue which looked like a ocean during a storm. She was pale, but I only thought it enhanced her beauty.

                 The dress I bought for her fit her beautifully, which I was glad to know seeing as I spent several hours while Maya was asleep to find the perfect thing. Most nights now, I sleep over at Maya's which I was surprised to learn my mother did not disagree with. She loved the influence Maya had on my life and I must say, I felt the same.

                I turned on the radio to a classic rock station, which I knew was Maya's favorite. Hey Jude by The Beatles started to play soon after I tuned onto the station. I was surprised to learn that Maya knew every word by heart. She had such an amazing voice. Maya used our held hands  as a microphone as she sang the song beautifully, effortlessly hitting every note.

                    I could not help but chuckle at her cuteness as her tiny body sang with more force then anyone would have expected. She glanced at me, blushing but continued to sing. I would not have wished for it to be any other way. I could not wait for Maya to see what I had planned for tonight, but at the same time I was terrified... I was going to tell her I loved her...