Safe Haven

Maya

-2 Months Later

               Camera's flashing around me, I laughed as I splashed Lucas with random colors. Lucas's stunned face gave me another round of laughter, which he used to his advantage. Taking me in his arms, he ran his hand down my body, leaving streaks of purple along my front. I instantly stopped, freezing and giving him the death stare. I slowly bent to the ground, picking up powders of several colors and pelted him with them. When I was finally done, he looked like he was unicorn puke.

                After a few seconds his eyes met mine with a smile and charged at me, bringing me in for a hug. He took my face in his hands, which I knew was going to leave my face colorful but at that moment I could not have cared less. Closing the distance between us, I kissed him quickly, conscious of the camera's around us and the people commenting ish like "That's so cute!" and "This is going to make our issue this month sell out!". Pulling away, I saw Lucas give me his fiery stare and I knew he wished I had not pulled away, as did I.

               Facing the camera watching us, I did a quick little goodbye thing before taking Lucas's hand and leaving to clean up ourselves. After changing our clothes, we left the studio to go and get something to eat with my mom and her boyfriend. Today was the day that I was going to meet him, and it's about time too.

               Entering Olive Garden, Lucas's hand in my own, people took out their phones and took pictures of us. Already, we were the "it" couple. If anyone had internet, they would undoubtedly see something about us.

               After being led to a table, I texted my mom, telling her we were here. I was so going to be the one paying for dinner tonight. After ten minutes of signing autographs and taking pictures with fans, my mom arrived with a good looking man wearing a leather jacket who seemed a bit nervous. As they approached, I gave them both smiles, I knew he was a good guy after all from all that my mom has told me. After they sat down, I shook hands with Shawn and gave him a warm smile, which he seemed to appreciate.

              "I should tell you, I plan on paying

              "I should tell you, I plan on paying." I said grinning at both of them, already seeing why they were so great for each other. They seemed to perfectly happy together. "My treat." I continued.

              Shawn frowned for a second before slowly nodding. After everyone ordered, I realized I did not have many questions to ask about him, my mother talked about him constantly so I felt as if I already knew him.

               Throughout the dinner, my appreciation for him grew by immense amounts. It was so wonderful to see my mother happy without the need of wine and stupid reality TV shows. Lucas even seemed to like him!

                As we were getting ready to leave, I hugged Shawn goodbye. Throughout the evening, he seemed to warm up a bit and become more comfortable, which I took as a positive sign.

               Later that night when my mom asked how I felt about him, I only have positive things to say. After saying my fair share of opinions, Katy started crying and blabbering about how lucky she was, but frankly I think it was about time for my mom to get what she deserved out of life.

As usual, Lucas slept over but this time we talked primarily about Shawn. Most people would think us childish from how we have our deep conversations, from under the blankets with a flashlight. For some reason, we loved it though. It felt more private and like it was only us on this planet, alone and safe.