Chapter 50 - PROM

I woke up married to my boyfriend's brother?!

Chapter 50

[Zac's POV] 

I was incredibly happy; Leslie just invited me to stay over for dinner after the awkward moment we had in her bedroom.

I looked at the dish of pasta that cooled off on the counter while I helped her out with the plates.

"So..." Leslie said and looked at me as she took a bite of her food.

"So...?" I asked her again taking a similar bite.

We both looked at each other for a moment and then started to laugh. 

"Pretty awkward huh?" I finally asked her with a wink. Even though I was flirting with her, I can feel my face blush.

"You can say that again!" She said and smiled awkwardly. And then, there's another moment of silence.

"So... Uhm... About that... I wanted to ask you something..." Leslie stuttered nervously. Damn, this is the first time seeing her nervous like this! 

"Yeah? What is it?" I asked her curiously. 

"Zac, I'm not going to go around the pot; I'm just going to ask you directly." She said and waited. I nodded my head and waited for her to continue.

"Why are you different now?" She asked me and I was confused. What the hell was she talking about? 

"What are you talking about?" I asked her genuinely lost.

"I mean, you used to be this douche! You were never nice to me and all you did before was flirt around with girls and not care about anyone..." She explained playing with her food. 

Honestly, I didn't know how to respond to that.

Yes I had changed, but I was actually changed by her; Leslie was the one who made me change. 

If I said this to her, how would she react? If I told her it was because of her she would ask me why and I would have to tell her it was because I fell in love with her.

I thought about what I should say and knew this chance would not come again; I have to let her know how i feel about her even if she doesn't feel that way towards me. 

"I didn't change... Someone changed me." I started and looked at my food as if it was the most beautiful thing in the world. 

"Who?" She asked me a little too quietly. 

"She's this beautiful girl who I've known for a very long time. She was always near me, but it's only recently that I found out I loved her..." I said still not raising my head to look at her. God! I hope she understands I'm talking about her.

"Wow! Who would've believed that the player Zac would fall in love? Can I know who it is?" She asked me after a long moment of silence.

I took a deep breath deciding it was now or never. I was finally going to let her know what I feel for her.

"It's.. It's y-"

"Hey guys! I'm back!" Christen shouted entering from the kitchen door. 

"Hey mom" Leslie said.

What the hell just happened?! I was almost going to tell her I loved her! Why did it have to be ruined like this?! Where am I going to find this courage again?!