A Loss

A/N: I always tell myself to wait like a week before I spit out new chapters but I can't because I love this story so much and I love that you guys like it too! Sorry for any errors, I shouldn't even be on here because schoolwork (lol only got 13/20 pages for my paper i could cry) but I just wanted to upload this!

Also, wattpad hasn't been sending notifications when things have been updating so if you didn't read the last chapter make sure to! I loooove y'all. 

--

Scott filed into the locker room after their game and took off his helmet, tossing it next to him as he sat down on the bench. He hated the atmosphere after a loss. Everyone always trudged in and the locker room was dead silent until Coach Bram would tell them to get on the bus and they would talk about the loss at the next practice.

Tonight they had to fly out immediately afterwards and go to Dallas where they would be playing the Dallas Stars tomorrow night. Scott could feel himself already wearing out and they weren't even that far into the season. He had almost forgotten how demanding hockey was. Thank God he could sleep on the plane.

Coach Bram walked into the locker room, clapping his hands. "I want you all on the bus in ten minutes. If you aren't on, we're leaving without you."

Scott sighed and quickly got to work on unlacing his skates and packing everything away properly. He had hoped to see Mitch before their flight but it didn't seem like that was going to happen because he only had four minutes before he needed to get on the bus and Mitch still hadn't shown up.

"Want me to put your stick away?"

Scott looked up to find Jeremy already reaching out for his stick. "Yeah, thanks."

Jeremy nodded as he went and put Scott's stick away along with the rest. He came back over as Scott was changing into some sweatpants for their flight and walked out of the locker room with him, heading towards the bus.

"Kirstie said Mitch already has a flight to Dallas."

Scott huddled more into his hoodie as he walked alongside Jeremy. "Yeah, that's what he told me too. He never replied back and told me which flight though. Is Kirstie going with him?"

Jeremy shook his head. "She said she'll come to our games when we're back in Anaheim though. That's only a few days away. She's worried about wearing herself out before their next performance."

Scott nodded his head. "Understandable. I was worried about that with Mitch too, but he assured me he would be fine."

Scott walked towards the back of the bus and Jeremy sat down next to him. "She wanted me to tell you to make sure you take care of him."

Scott huffed out a small laugh. "Well, I'm not going to neglect him."

Jeremy smiled. "Good. She said she'll hurt you if you hurt him."

"For God's sake, does she realize we're just friends?"

Jeremy shrugged. "Either way, that girl has some muscle on her. Be careful."

Scott pulled out his phone as Jeremy went to his phone. He hadn't received any texts from Mitch which he found unusual because normally he always had a text waiting for him after a game. Scott figured perhaps this time since Mitch knew would be seeing Scott in a couple hours he decided not to text him.

It would be around one in the morning when the team would arrive in Dallas and probably around 1:45 because they got to the hotel and settled into their rooms. Scott played around on his phone; looking at Twitter then Instagram and then Facebook, but finding none of them too interesting. He finally decided to text Mitch.