Ritual

Scott blinked. Once. Twice. He lifted his hands up and cupped his own face. "You're not here right now. You are not here right now."

"But I am."

"I'm dreaming."

"I promise you're not, babe."

A grin broke across Scott's face as he bent down and wrapped his arms around his favorite ice dancer, feeling thin legs wrap around his waist. He felt cold fingers brush the hairs at the back of his neck and smiled, never welcoming cold against his skin as much as he did in that moment.

"I've missed you so much," he whispered, his lips brushing across the soft skin below Mitch's ear.

"I missed you, baby."

Scott flicked off the light he had turned on and carried Mitch into his bedroom, laying him down on his bed. He worked in the dark to take off the boy's shoes and socks, helping him shimmy out of his leggings. He ran his hands up Mitch's legs and hovered above him.

"I missed you." Scott placed a kiss on his forehead then moved down to the skin between his eyebrows, his nose, and finally his lips.

Mitch sighed out of his nose, making sure to take his time kissing Scott back. He had missed the feeling of Scott's lips against his and the way his hand rested against his cheek. He pulled away, pecking Scott once more.

He wrapped his hands around Scott's arms and gave a light squeeze. "You're still so fit."

Scott laughed, lowering himself to lie beside Mitch in the bed. "I'm so glad you're here. I'm still kind of expecting to wake up."

"When you wake up, I'll still be here. What time do you have to be up in the morning?"

Scott shook his head. "Optional skate, I can skip."

Mitch pulled down the sheets so he could get under them, the chill of Scott's apartment too cold for him. "Have you ever missed an optional skate?"

Scott had to think for a second. "I don't think so."

"Well, you're not going to start now. I'll come with you."

Scott frowned, scooting closer to Mitch and tucking his head underneath his chin. "I wanna stay in bed with you and cuddle all morning."

Mitch lowered his head to place a kiss on top of Scott's head. "We'll have all morning Thursday to do that."

"That's two days away."

"I'm so glad you can still count."

Scott quirked up the corner of his mouth, placing a kiss to Mitch's collarbone. He was wide-awake now; sleep left him long ago when he saw his bright-eyed smiling boy in front of him. He squeezed Mitch's waist tightly, closing his eyes.

"Go to sleep, my hockey star. I'll be right here when you wake up."

"I missed you."

--

Scott couldn't imagine a better way to wake up than to slim fingers running through his hair and light pecks being placed across his jaw. He wished he hadn't of opened his eyes so he could've pretended to be asleep, maybe then Mitch would've done it forever.

"Good morning, baby," Mitch whispered, smiling.

"You're still here."

"I told you I would be."

Scott smiled lazily and wrapped his arms around Mitch, pulling him on top of him. Mitch giggled and lightly rested his hands on Scott's broad shoulders, running his hands down his arms and back up again.