FaceTime

hi friends. i posted this same thing on my one shot book so if you've already read it, you can go forth in your reading! the next few days are very busy for me! i'm seeing pentatonix on saturday, my birthday is sunday, and then on monday i'm seeing troye sivan! and after all of that, i'll be buckling down for the busiest part of my semester. if you message me or anything, don't think i'm ignoring you! i'm just super busy and won't be on here as much.

p.s. if you want to join me on my concert adventures/any other shenanigans, @/churrology on twitter. <3

enjoy this!!! love you guys! x

--

Scott had just finished watching Mitch's Artistry on Ice program that he'd done the day before in China, and he was stunned. He watched it again, seeing things he hadn't seen before. He quickly picked up his phone to text Mitch.

He was always so mesmerized by how well Mitch and Kirstie seemed to glide together in their routines, knowing exactly when to copy the actions of the other and not a second too late. They moved together as one, a beautiful pair in perfect harmony.

This performance in particular had struck a chord inside of Scott. The two told a story through their movements. There was something in particular about the way they moved in this performance that had Scott slack-jawed for most of it.

that performance was so elegant, mitchy! pass on my congratulations of a great performance to kirstie <3

11 more days <3 x

--

Scott was sleeping whenever he got the chance. If the team had a short trip on a bus to an arena or a flight that was a couple hours, he would sleep. If he had over thirty minutes in his hotel room, he would immediately crawl into the bed and get whatever bit of sleep he could.

Airports, arenas, and teams were all starting to blend together for him. He found himself having to check their schedule to even see whom they were playing. Even with gaps between his last two games, he still found himself wearing thin on energy and his body was sore.

He was glad they were homebound tonight after their game. The team was ready to be home, especially after their loss against the Tampa Bay Lightning, an awful game resulting in them procuring zero goals. It was a big let down since they had won the night before against the Florida Panthers with a five to three score. But the Lighting had quite literally struck and kicked their asses, a five to zero loss that sent them all humiliated into the locker room.

Scott threw his carry-on overhead and sat down next to Alex, leaning his head fall back against the headrest. "I cannot believe that game."

Alex scoffed. "No kidding. Practice is going to kill tomorrow."

Scott let out a small whine; upset that their optional practice tomorrow had become a required practice. "I can't believe it. An optional day that got taken away from us."

"Dude," Alex said, buckling up his belt as the flight attendant came over the intercom. "I don't know what's been up with your sleep schedule lately but you need to fix it."

"I know," Scott said, guilt rising up through his stomach to his throat. "I haven't been sleeping.."

"What do you mean you haven't 'been sleeping'?" Alex nonchalantly reached over and snapped Scott's seatbelt too, realizing he wasn't going to do it anytime soon from pure exhaustion and they didn't need to get yelled at any more tonight.

Scott sighed and said a quick thanks before he looked out the window. It was dark outside, the lights on the tarmac lighting up the outside world just a bit. Scott pulled down the window shutter.