Chapter 29

ANNA'S POV:
It's been 3 days and my mom isn't getting better. She isn't responding to anything.
The doctors have dropped the news I didn't want to hear. If she doesn't get better in 2 days, I have to turn her life machine off. If I take her machine off, I'm going back to New York. I know it will break things up with Simon and me, but I won't have anything left.

Once we get to the hospital, Simon notices that I'm really quiet.
"Are you ok?" He asks me.
"Er. Yeah. Sure" I said quietly.
I want to tell him so badly. But it will break him. But I have to do it.
I stop walking and grab Simon's arm and pull him to look at me.
"Simon. I need you to listen to me carefully. Remember that I love you and that I always will. I might go back to New York. Not forever. Just for a bit. Like another 5 months but then I'll be back" I say. He looks broken. Destroyed. Shocked.
"W-w-w-what?" He stutters.
"You're going to leave me?" He says.
"No. I'm not gonna ask you to come with me. But do you really think I want to stick around after my mom dies" I sadly say.
"Your mom might not even die. And you can't keep running away from your problems" Simon says now raising his voice slightly. He scoffs and walks away. I don't go after him. It's better to leave him until I get home.

Mom still isn't getting better and the chances of turning off her machine are getting higher. I get home and no one is in except Simon who's in his room editing.
I go upstairs and walk into his room. He looks at me and then looks back at his screen.
I lean against the door. "So, tomorrow I'm probably going to turn my mom's life machine off" I say and a tear drops down my face.
Simon gets up slowly and stands in front of me.
"So then you are going to leave tomorrow?" Simon says looking down.
"I thought about it. No. I'm not going to leave. It's a bad choice to make. Why should I go back where I would have no support. I can stay here and have the people I love support me" I say. He looks up at me and smiles.
"I am sorry. I don't know what I was thinking. I just can't bare to think about losing my mom" I say and tears fall down my face. Simon comes up to me and hugs me.

I cry a little more but I eventually stop

"You wanna help me edit to cheer you up a little?" Simon asks.
"Ok" I say. He sits on his chair and I sit on his lap. I help him edit and once we are done we start to watch a movie. As the time goes by I remember my mom might be gone tomorrow.
"Don't be scared. At least she will be in a better place if she goes" Simon says. I nod. He pecks my lips and then my forehead and I fall asleep in his arms, dreading tomorrow

 He pecks my lips and then my forehead and I fall asleep in his arms, dreading tomorrow

A/N
AWWW the feeeeeellllss. I love the gifs I've used and I have more for the next chapter. Thanks for over 1300 reads. How mad!!! Love you all. Xxxx
SEE YAA