18 | Love? Not Yet.

Two in a Million: 18 | Love? Not Yet.
| Laura Marano |

"I miss you." He quietly says the second his face appears on my computer screen. I smile at his sleepiness.

"Hey, I miss you too. But isn't it like four in the morning there?" I ask. He still had another week left of tour and I'm almost positive he's only in like Washington state right now and Italy is eight hours ahead, meaning it just hit around noon here.

"Yeah." He yawns and shifts in his bed. "I just couldn't fall asleep tonight and I really needed to hear your voice." Aw.

"Ross, it's been a while five days since I flew out here and you FaceTime m every night your time, how do you miss me enough to want to hear my voice?" I ask. No ones ever said that to me and frankly, it made my stomach to summersaults.

"Because I like you. I thought we've been over this? Do you not remember us making out on the bathroom counter-" And that's when my cousin Violetta came busting into the room.

"Voi due baciato?!" She shouts, coming in front of the computer screen. (<You two kissed?!>) You've got to be kidding me. Of course it'd be Violetta who comes in here the exact moment he's talking about our make out.

"Fuori, Violetta. Verrò al piano di sotto in pochi minuti per il pranzo, perché so che è il motivo per cui sei venuto qui." I say, adding a small sigh at the end. (<Get out, Violetta. I'll come downstairs in a few minutes for lunch because I know that's why you came up here.>)

"Bene, andrò andrò." With that said, she leaves my bedroom and shuts the door kind of loudly. (<Alright, I'll go I'll go>)

"What was that all about?" He asks, yawning again. "You guys speak so fast and it doesn't help when I only know the word family, I love you, and thank you in Italian." He says.

"She just flipped out because she heard you say we kissed. Then I told her I'd be down in a few for lunch." I explain, rubbing my forehead.

"Hey, how do you say I like you in Italian?" My cheeks immediately heat up.

"Mi piaci." I whisper. A smile forms on his face.

"Laura, mi piaci." He replies, giving me a little grin. Damn, this boy just knows how to make me feel special.

"Anche tu mi piaci. Più di quanto tu potrai mai sapere." I say, giving him a small smile. (<I like you, too. More than you'll ever know.>)

"Huh?" He asks. A small laugh escapes my lips.

"Don't worry about it." I say. "Think you can fall asleep now?" I ask. He shakes his head and rubs my eyes. "I have to be at the hospital in three hours for my Uncle Enzo. You need sleep, Ross." I whisper.

"I know." He sighs. "I'm just... I don't know, I can't fall asleep, Laura."

"If I sing you a song will you promise to at least try?" I ask. His smile widens and he nods his head a million times. "What song?" I ask.

"Drops of Jupiter, please." He whispers.

"Now that she's back in the atmosphere. With drops of Jupiter in her hair, hey, hey, hey. She acts like summer and walks like rain. Reminds me that there's a time to change, hey, hey, hey. Since the return from her stay on the moon. She listens like spring and she talks like June, hey, hey, hey, hey." I sing softly. His eyes already closed and his mouth was slightly opened.