19 | Goodbye

It's technically Saturday for me so... Here ya go, I updated ✌🏼️

Two in a Million: 19 | Goodbye
| Laura Marano |

"Laura?" I jerk my head up from my book and look at Damiano. Ever since yesterday, when my great uncle had a good heart surgery, this man wouldn't leave. He even stayed with my family last night.

"Uh, yeah?" I reply. He sighs and sits beside me. "I'm sorry, I don't really know you and-"

"No no, I'm the one who should be apologizing." I furrow my eyebrows and adjust my glasses. Yes, I actually wore glasses today. "Okay, yeah, wow, mhmm." What the hell? Is this guy high or something?

"Sir, I'm really confused. Do you need help?" I ask. He shakes his head and looks down, lacing his fingers together.

"Not anymore." He says quietly. "I've been sober for fifteen years, Laura. Sober from alcohol and drugs for fifteen years." I nod my head slightly, not really understanding why he's telling me this. "When I was eighteen, I moved out to America." Okay... "I met a beautiful lady named Ellen, who, I still talk to up to this date. In fact, she lives in New York right now with her sister."

"Why are you telling me this?" I ask, completely stopping his explanation.

"Listen, please." Sighing, I close my book and sit up straight. I hate hospitals. Yes, I'm at the hospital. "I got her pregnant at seventeen and she had a baby at eighteen." Wait... "I was still into drugs and alcohol during her pregnancy, and she didn't get involved till after you were born." This can't be happening. "Before you jump to conclusions, I just want you to know that I'm so sorry, we're so sorry that we couldn't give up alcohol and drugs for you." NO! "I'm Damiano Marano. I'm your dad, Laura." I'm speechless. I'm completely speechless. "You've grown up to be successful and bea-"

"No." I say.

"I'm so proud-"

"No." He kept talking.

"You don't under-"

"Shut the fuck up, you fucking douche bag!" I nearly shout. Everyone's heads who were in this small waiting room turned to me. "You can not just come here and tell me you're my fucking dad, who gave me up, who fucking let me be alone at sixteen, who abandoned me. You have no right to just come here and say you're PROUD WHEN YOU'VE DONE NOTHING FOR ME TO ACTUALLY BE PROUD OF!" I'm pissed. I'm beyond pissed.

"Laura, please-"

"STOP TALKING!" He immediately closed his mouth and looked to my right. My great uncles Doctor came out with a sad face. No.

"Marano?" All of us approached the doctor. "I'm really sorry, but something went wrong in his system and his heart just stopped. We couldn't bring-"

"NO!" My great aunt yells.

"We tried. I'm sorry for your loss." That's it.

"Fanculo questo. Me ne sto andando." I say, wiping the tears falling from my eyes. (<Fuck this. I'm leaving.>) "And I never want to hear from you ever again. Understand fucktard?" He nods his head.