21 | I'm Hurting

Two in a Million: 21 | I'm Hurting
| Ross Lynch |

To Vanessa Marano:
Hey, it's Ross Lynch. I got your number from a friend of mine who knows you. I was wondering if you could give me Laura's address.

Vanni couldn't remember her address to save her life. So, I resorted to asking Maia Mitchell for her number, which she gladly gave it to me. It's been a week since tour ended, and Laura hasn't responded to any of my fucking texts or calls. I'm going to her fucking house and setting things straight.

From Vanessa Marano:
Oh yeah sure. Text me when you see her. I checked up on her the other day but she was showering so I just left a note saying I'd call her soon. She didn't answer my calls.

To Vanessa Marano:
She hasn't answered mine either. And will do.

She then gave me the address and I said thanks, but decided I should probably wait s few hours to sort out what I was going to say exactly. Yes, I'm being that person. If she doesn't want to be with me, then I'll be rude to her for not telling me sooner.

"Ross, you up for hockey later?" Rocky asks, walking into mine and Ryland's room.

"Nah." I reply. "Any word on that house?" I ask.

"Nope. Should know in the next few days, though." Nodding, I watched as he walked out of the bedroom. My little cousins were over for the day, only so my aunt and uncle could have the house to themselves on their day off of work. Ew, I know.

"Mom, I'm gonna go drive for a little." I say, grabbing the keys to my car. "Tell dad that my book is under my pillow. He wants to read it, I think." Just like that, I all out to my car and begin a drive.

| Laura Marano |

Complete darkness. That's how I've liked my house for the past two and a half weeks. Complete and utter darkness. Ever since my great uncle died and my so called dad told me who he was, I've been in my own world. An unknown number kept calling me and I picked it up. Turns out it was my dad. I threw my phone at the wall and it shattered. I haven't bothered to get a new one. The only thing making me happy is Friends on Netflix. I'm even squeezing in a laugh or two every episode.

Don't get me wrong, I shower every other day. I just keep putting on a different tank top and underwear, no bra or shorts. And by tank top, I mean thin effing tank that literally exposes my boobs. But no one sees me, I don't have to impress anyways.

"Who the hell is knocking on my effing door at," I quickly pause friends and see the time, "eleven o'clock at night on a Tuesday?" I murmur to myself. I don't have a peephole, so I don't bother getting up. Whoever it is can come back another time.

"Open the door, Laura. I know you're in there." Ross. Oh my god... I totally forgot about him! Shit shit shit shit shit! In one quick motion, I'm sprinting to the front door. The second I see his face, I knew he was pissed.

"Ros-" He cuts me off.

"I hate you so much, Laura. You've been back for two fucking weeks and didn't bother to tell me?! Are you fucking serious?! Do you-"

"Ross-" He doesn't stop talking.

"I've been worried sick! I've called you millions of times over Skype! You never picked up! And when Vanessa came to my concert and said you've been back for a week? How the hell do you think it made me feel?" I look down. "You can't just do this to me! I've called you this whole week-"