22 | Love Bites

Two in a Million: 22 | Love Bites
| Laura Marano |

"I've changed my mind. I'm not leaving the house today." I conclude, wrapping a blanket around me as I curl up on the couch. I heard Ross groan from inside the kitchen where he was helping himself to some cereal.

"Come on, it's almost noon. Apple won't be too busy right now. And, you really need food. This cereal is stale." This time, I'm the one who groans out in annoyance. "Laura, I'm offering to go grocery shopping with you. You should be jumping for joy right now. I hate grocery shopping." I turn around and stick out my bottom lip. "Five. Four. Three. Two. On-"

"I'M GOING!" I shout, throwing the blanket off me in a dramatic way and stomping all the way back to my bedroom where I proceeded to pick out clothes. He never said I had to look cute. So, I grabbed a light grey Nike sweatshirt, black nike leggings, kept my glasses on, and then threw my hair up think a messy bun. I grab my black roshes and head back to the living room where Ross was still shirtless, in only his jeans, and sitting on my counter.

"See, was that so bad?" He asks.

"No makeup? A sports bra underneath this, my glasses, and messy hair? I look terrible." I conclude, grabbing the half eaten pop tart I put in a ziplock bag.

"Nope, don't eat that. I'm taking you out for breakfast as well. Give me two minutes!" He was already booking it to my bedroom. A few minutes later, he came out in his clothes from yesterday; white t-shirt, black jacket, blue ripped jeans, and his black beanie. I waited as he slipped his converse on, grabbed his keys and his phone, then looked back at me. "Ready?" He asks.

"No." I mutter, following close behind him. Once I got in his car, I started to realize that not too long ago, Rydel told me Ross was a terrible driver.

The whole ride to the Apple Store was complete torture. Ross needed to go back to drivers ed or he'll end up killing somebody. Do I really want to get a new phone? Ross sighs and unlocks the car doors. I watch as he steps out, makes his way to my side, and opens the car door for me.

"Come on. It won't be that bad." He says quietly. Groaning for the umpteenth time today, I get out of the car and follow behind him as we approach the doors.

"Welcome to Apple, can I help you?" A guy, maybe forty, asks.

"Uh, yes. I actually broke my phone the other day and was wondering if I could get a new one?" I ask, holding it out for him to look at. The whole screen was shattered, even half the screen was missing, and I chipped the corner of it.

"Wow, that's a bad one." The guy murmurs. "How'd you manage this?" I pick at my nails.

"Threw it at a wall." I whisper. His eyes widen.

"Follow me." I look back at Ross, who was already eyeing the laptops. I quickly catch up with the guy who pulls me over to a small counter in the corner of the store. "Did you have anything backed up?" He asks.

"Yes. On my computer at home I have all my pictures and I backed up my phone every night." I reply. He nods his head, clicking stuff on the computer.

Almost an two hours later, I got my new rose gold iPhone 6s with all my contacts, all my pictures, a new screen protector, and even a cute flower case. Ross even bought a new laptop, which he claims it to be his moms because hers broke while on tour and hasn't gotten around to getting a new one.