28 | Fever and Flu

I'm going on vacation tomorrow so I'm publishing a chapter a day early. Hope you enjoy💜

Two in a Million: 28 | Fever and Flu
| Laura Marano |

"Oh, hey, Ryland's calling me." I say I to the camera. "Hello?" I say, putting my phone on speaker. I grab my keys off the counter and head towards the front door just as Ry begins to talk.

"Hey, are you busy right now?" Furrowing my eyebrows, I lock up my house and walk to my car.

"I was about to go run errands. Why?" I ask. I shrug my shoulder at the camera and set it on the roof of my car while I open the door, throw my purse in the passenger side and then get in.

"Ross has a high fever and Rocky has to be at the studio in ten minutes. I have to go see my manager downtown in less than a half hour. I don't want to leave him home alone." I frown and check the time. Noon.

"What's your mom doing? Or dad?" I ask. I set the camera on my dash and strap it in, then put my phone right next to it as I back out of my driveway.

"My moms out with Tiffany and my dads been flying his plane for the past hour. But I'll ask my uncle or something, it's totally fine." Now I feel extra bad. First off, I didn't even know he was sick. When he left a few days ago from my house he said he felt weird, and then yesterday when we were texting he complained about a headache, but I thought nothing of it.

"No, I'll come over now. It's okay, I don't mind." I quickly say.

"You sure? He's been sleeping for the past hour. Rock put a bowl of ice cold water beside him with a cloth that's suppose to be on his forehead. And there's a glass of ice water as well." Nodding, I stop at a light.

"Alright. I'll be there in like ten minutes. Go ahead and leave if you have to."

"Your a lifesaver, Laur. Thanks so much." Chuckling, Ryland ends the call and I look at the camera.

"Before you say anything, I know recording me while driving is a bad thing, but I now I need interesting footage since Ross isn't feeling all to well." Turning left onto a back road, I turn my music up a tiny bit. "So, basically, Ross has a fever. And I'm guessing R5 is suppose to be in the studio figuring out a due date for a song deadline but obviously he can't go. Which is fine." I don't even know why I'm blabbering.

"Oh, and by the way, my outfit is total crap." I was wearing a regular black bra, a thin low cut grey tank top with these cute black shorts Rydel got me for my birthday. And my hair was up in a messy bun with my glasses on. "But, hey, looks like I'm not going anywhere anymore." Ten minutes later, I pulled into Ross, Rocky, and Ryland's driveway, making sure to grab the camera I turned off awhile ago and walk inside the house.

Walking upstairs to Ross' room, I made the familiar turn at the end of the hall and open up the door on the left, seeing a pitch black room, a fan going, and his soft snores taking over the room. Smiling lightly, I click on the lamp on his night stand, turn on my camera, and point it at Ross.

"Oh my goodness. He's so effing cute you guys." I whisper. He was shirtless (of course), the elastic of his American eagle hot pink underwear was showing from where the sheets were tangled up in his legs, and let's not forget his smushed face in his pillow. I shut my camera off again and sit on the edge of the bed. His hair was a mess, which I gladly took the chunk covering his face and tied it back with a hair tie on my wrist.