Arc I - Friends

Disclaimer: Not mine.

Warning: Fluffy-ness?

Beta: Kalafina94

Beta: silverseed

Edit: 1/1/2018

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

Naruto and I had become very close friends in the course of a single month.

In that time, I had discovered many things.

For one thing, Naruto was not a shy person at all. He was very outgoing, and unabashed by others. He was not afraid to proclaim himself to the others; on multiple occasions he even declared himself to be the next Hokage.

It had also come to my attention that Naruto received many inappropriate treatments, mostly from the other kids as well as a few teachers. Naruto tried his best to ignore it, but at times, I had noticed it crack through his wall.

Naruto was a kind boy who always had a smile.

Though his attention span was lacking, as he despised studying with a burning passion. I had been trying to come up with ways to make studying entertaining, but had yet to think of such a way. At least of ways that would entertain him.

I had noticed that I myself was quite satisfied with having my one friend to myself and sharing Ino with Sakura. My jealousy was nonexistent.

I had also noticed that Naruto seemed to be able to read my feelings exceedingly well and understand what I want. I rarely had to speak in order to express what I desire from others; Naruto was more than willing to do such for me. It satisfied me that I did not yet have to face up to my shyness.

Papa and Momma were hesitant of my relationship with Naruto, but only for a few days when I first informed them. After I had brought Naruto home—which I did weekly (daily if I can) now—for dinner, Momma ate him up. Not literally, of course; that would be most displeasing if she did.

Naruto loved family dinners. He was uncharacteristically polite at first, but he had grown to be more relaxed over frequent visits. Ino and him were tentative friends—similar to mine and Sakura's—friendship. Only friendly because the other was friends with the sibling to the other.

I did not mind hogging Naruto to myself. I was quite pleased with it, in fact.

And Naruto did not seem to mind my attention at all. He seemed quite pleased with it as well.

All in all, however, we had what some might call an uneventful first month in the academy. That was alright, though. I was certain my life would be adventurous when I graduated the academy. Better to relax now and enjoy it while I could.

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

At lunch Naruto and I sat in front of each other, our shared lunch (Mom had added a lot more food to it, knowing I was sharing it with Naruto) spread out before us.

"Nao-chan."

I looked up and smiled shyly. "Hi Shika-niichan."

Shikamaru was the son of my Papa's best friend—or one of his best friends. Ino disliked him though, saying he was too boring, but I liked him. He was quiet and never pressured me into speaking when I would much rather be silent.

Shikamaru and I didn't talk much during school; he said he would much rather nap than talk so I never bothered to bring him to our lunch.

Naruto looked up at Shikamaru, slightly wary and equally curious.