Arc III - Kazekage-sama

Disclaimer: Nao's my one and only toy in this adventure.

Warning: Fight scenes and language.

Beta: Kalafina94

Beta: silverseed

Edit: 1/1/2018

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

Weeks afterwards Sasuke and I were stuck looking for Naruto. Our dear friend had left us the moment we finished our missions in hopes of meeting his little friend, Konohamaru. He left before he could grab his mission pay and thus, Sasuke and I took off after him.

Though he was gone before we had a chance to see him.

A little exasperated, Sasuke marched us right through the crowds of people, entering a small alleyway.

"Where the hell could he be?" Sasuke muttered under his breath.

"We could give it to him when he comes home," I suggested.

"No," Sasuke snapped. "I've already wasted enough of my time looking for him. I'm going to find him and then I am going to beat some sense into him. He knows better than to ditch us so soon—and to do so before we're even officially dismissed is unacceptable."

I shrugged, knowing better than to argue with Sasuke when he'd become worked up. The only one who dared to do that was Naruto; and while I adored my friend, I had to admit he wasn't the brightest person I knew. With another growl of annoyance, Sasuke kicked off and headed into the trees, deciding it would be better to search for Naruto at a higher vantage point.

I didn't mind if we did or did not find Naruto; we would inevitably meet up with him again before the day ended. What difference did it make if it was at home or not?

Minutes passed by and eventually I did find Naruto scowling furiously at a strange boy. The boy was wearing an all-black attire with a hood pulled up and strange purple markings on his face. His stance was defensive, but he seemed to be trying to make it look offensive. He was holding Konohamaru up by his front shirt, the younger boy struggling to get free.

The girl next to the boy looked a cross between concerned and pretend-apathy. Her entire body read like she didn't mind the situation, but her brow was slightly furrowed in worry. Briefly, I wondered what (who) she was worried for.

"Naru-kun," I said, drawing the attention to myself. Feeling slightly shy, I hurried over to stand partially behind Naruto and look at the two newcomers. "Who are they?"

"I'm Temari," the girl answered, offering me a small smile that looked like it wanted to be a smirk.

The boy glanced over at me, sneering.

"I didn't realize we had petty petulant persecutors among the Leaf," I murmured at his sneer. His sneer dropped, face twisting up as he tried to make out my words.

"He is kind of a brat," Naruto agreed. "Last time, let Konohamaru go."

"Or else what?" the petulant boy taunted.

I pursed my lips and cocked my head. I suppose I should do something before Naruto acts recklessly. From what the Elders and Papa had informed me, I was to use the technique as often as I could. From experience, they had learned that the more I stretched and used the technique, the easier it would become. However it would always place some sort of strain on me, but that strain could be significantly lessened with repetitive use. Sending out a small wave of chakra, I wrapped it around the boy's hand and forced him to release his grip.