Arc X - Hospital

Disclaimer: Nao is my baby. Everything else in this story is Kishimoto's baby, though.

Warning: Fluff. Death of board games.

Beta: Kalafina94

Beta: silverseed

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

Interlude – Omniscient – 4

"And this is where you left them?" Yagura enquired, his cold eyes flickering towards one of his most trusted kunoichi, a young woman by the name of Mei.

"Of course, Lord Mizukage," Mei said, bowing her head in respect. "I disabled the traitors - the ones who would rebel against you - and left them here for your judgement. There were too many of them to safely take back into the village."

"It's quite a ways from the village," Yagura observed, stopping before the clearing where Mei allegedly had tied the bodyguards up.

Mei didn't respond.

Yagura cocked his head. "Leave me. I will deal with these traitors on my own."

"As you wish," Mei whispered, flickering away.

Yagura stepped into the clearing before he immediately froze. There were bodies of unconscious shinobi scattered about, true. However, years of experience had Yagura freezing and immediately giving his chakra a sharp spike.

The genjutsu faded and all around he saw mercenary shinobi and kunoichi surrounding him. In that same instance, he felt a strong wave of fatigue.

It didn't take long for Yagura to calculate what had transpired.

My morning tea. it was poisoned.? And now. and now I cannot even focus my chakra enough to defend myself, Yagura thought, feelings of anger at the betrayal bubbling inside of him. His hands clenched into fists and he stumbled forward, falling to his knees. Damn it!

That was when the most blinding pain erupted behind his eyes and the Kage screamed.

In the shadows of the trees, a masked man held up his hands in the Yin seal, sealing away the jinchūriki's memories.

And on the kunoichi by the name of Mei went, unhindered or faltering at the sound of her Kage's screams.

. . .

. .

.

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

I finished applying all I could to Yagura's injuries, my hands drenched in blood and my fingers shaking. Not for the first time, I regretted not taking the path of a medical-kunoichi, perhaps then I would have been able to truly help Yagura.

When that was done, I popped in another soldier pill - a more intense one, something to help me push back my own fatigue like I didn't even have it - and furrowed my brow. I looked around the muddied forest; most of the vegetation had been ruined from Yagura's merciless attack. My eyes roamed around until I caught sight of a familiar cloak, caught in the branches of a nearby tree. I flickered towards it, climbing up the tree and carefully extracting the cloak. It was made of tough material, something that didn't tear so easily. It would have to do.

I brought the cloak over to my master and I laid it beside him. I then concentrated on my chakra, pulling on the warm hum inside of me and guiding it outside of my body. It slithered around Yagura, carefully wrapping around him and lifting him off the ground. I was careful not to allow his body to move - or else it would unsettle the gauze and irritate his already damaged skin. Slowly, I lowered him on the cloak. When I was finished with the task, I rubbed my head, thankful I was only forced to deal with a minor headache.