Fluffy Ending - Retirement

Artwork done by Cantrona on deviantART / Tumblr / Instagram. 

This is the fluffy / cuddly ending.

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

I ran my fingers through my hair, pursing my lips. "I really hate the wind at times."

There was a snort from behind me and Yagura poked his head out of our bedroom. He raised an eyebrow. "You look fine to me."

"Fine," I repeated. "I look like a bird made a nest on top of my hair."

"You're exaggerating. You're fine," Yagura insisted, drawing out the word fine for emphasis that I was being ridiculous.

I was not. Ino was going to be there and if she saw my hair was anything less than perfect, she would steal me away to the bathroom and my childhood would begin all over again with her using me as her doll. Yagura seemed to realize my line of thinking, because his smirk widened and he said, "You're whipped."

I flushed.

There was a knock at our door, and Yagura went to answer it, completely ready to go. When the door opened, I could see Kakashi standing above Yagura and giving us a warm eye-smile. "Yo."

My eye widened in surprise and I brushed past Yagura, my hair forgotten, to greet my first sensei. "You're back early. Is something wrong?"

"No. The mission just went more smoothly than planned, ironically."

"That's scary," Yagura muttered, "that's just begging for the next mission to go horribly wrong."

Kakashi nodded his head in firm agreement. "Good thing I'm retiring then, huh?"

I smiled at him. "We weren't expecting you back so soon, the retirement party isn't ready, yet."

Kakashi just tilted his head. "I figured. That's why I came over here to see my favorite student."

Immediately recognizing the too-thick flattery, I quirked an eyebrow. "What do you want?"

Kakashi looked mildly offended. "Why would you think I wanted anything? Maybe I just wanted to see my favorite student."

"What do you want?" Yagura asked.

"Babysit Minato for me?" Kakashi asked hopefully.

"Naruto asked you to babysit his son, didn't he?" I asked rhetorically. "You need to get over your discomfort with babies, you know. You're just as bad as Sasuke!"

"When Minato is old enough to not accidentally swallow kunai, I'll happily babysit," Kakashi responded firmly.

Yagura and I exchanged glances.

With an exasperated sigh, Yagura said, "Fine. We'll babysit him again for you."

Kakashi gave a relieved sigh. "Good. Thanks. I should probably head home and get changed. What time's the party?"
"Like we're gonna tell you," I grumbled. "You're just going to hide away until it's over. No, Sasuke and Itachi will come and get you."

"I think I liked it better when you were more docile," Kakashi said. "Yagura's a horrible influence for you."

Yagura just grinned wickedly. "Yes. I am. Now if you don't mind, I need to convince my fiance that she is perfectly presentable and she's worrying over nothing."

"I am not," I insisted. "Ino's going to steal me away!"

"You could try saying no," Kakashi put in helpfully.