Arc II - Zabuza

Disclaimer: Kishimoto won't give Naruto to me for my birthday. Damn.

Warning: Fights. fluff?

Beta: Kalafina94

Beta: silverseed

Edit: 1/1/2018

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

"This is so stupid!"

For once, I had to agree with Naruto.

After a month of stupid D-Rank missions, Naruto finally broke and pleaded with the Hokage to give us a better mission. The Hokage had relented, and thus we were given an escort mission for a drunk to his home, and to protect him while he finished a bridge.

The mission itself wasn't so bad; it was the moronic sexist pig we had to guard for it. At first glance, he sneered at all of us and commented, "Are you really going to let a bunch of brats protect me? They look so stupid. Never mind the scrawny little damsel."

Damsel. Like damsel in distress. As if that ever applied to me. I might not have Naruto's insane chakra levels, or battle instinct like Sasuke, or intelligence like Shikamaru, but damn it—

Well. To say I was most displeased would have been an understatement. The only pleasure I took in that afternoon was the fact that both Naruto and Sasuke looked ready to kill the fool as well. Naruto actually had to be restrained by Kakashi more than once.

Afterwards, we were dismissed to pack our things and meet Kakashi and the old man at the front gate. We returned home, packed our things and were currently on our way.

"Sexist pig," I muttered under my breath, still bristling from the insult. Perhaps I was taking it so offensively because of my sister. As much as I was at loathe to point out a fault in her, she was very much a damsel in distress. Longing for a prince to save her, namely a prince by the name of Sasuke, but I didn't resent her for it. She was my sister with a simply more romantic mind than my own. My mental maturity was more developed and pragmatic and thus had long since moved past such silly fantasies. It was understandable that she still clung to her childhood dreams, as I would undoubtedly be doing the same if I were her.

However that did not mean I would tolerate such things in myself.

"Let's get this mission over with," Sasuke said. "Once we've completed our first C-Rank mission, we'll be able to do more. They can't all be this bad."

"Bastard has a point," Naruto agreed, though with a bit of reluctance in his voice. "Let's get this over with."

The three of us had reached the gate, Kakashi already there with Tazuna.

I scowled at him openly, huffing slightly.

Tazuna snorted. "Can't believe a bunch of brats are protecting me."

"Why should it matter?" Sasuke asked thinly, obsidian eyes glaring coldly.

Tazuna bristled and Kakashi opened the palm of his hands in a peace-like gesture. "Maa. Now, now. Let's get on our way then, shall we?"

"Come on, lil' sis," Naruto said, already turning away with a huff and marching on.

"Dobe, it's the other way," Sasuke muttered.

Not even faltering in his steps, Naruto turned directions and marched on.

I had to smile at that.