Arc VII - Smile

Disclaimer: I have a cat that I am sadly whipped for, but nothing else. Well. I guess Nao is mine.

Warning: Fighting.

Beta: Kalafina94

Beta: silverseed

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

I wasn't quite sure what to make of Hikaru. I admired his bravery regarding the storm, and I admired his kindness to us (after the storm, of course. Although, he was never mean to me before the story, like he was with Naruto and Sasuke. a gentleman, I suppose). However, when something as worrying as having your father kidnapped by hostile terrorists occurs. how do you approach someone?

Naruto was always the charismatic one, not I. Yet it was at Kakashi's insistence that I still talked to Hikaru even after Naruto had already cheered him up.

It seemed rather silly. When I protested such, Kakashi only insisted even more.

I finally relented after a while, and that's how I found myself sitting next to Hiraku, silence between us.

I cleared my throat, looking over at his bright-red face. "So. you know we're going to get your father back, right?"

"Of course I do," Hiraku declared. "Naruto promised me, and he never breaks his promises."

"That's right. Naru-kun always keeps his promises," I said, smiling fondly at my friend.

"Ah. Ah, Nao-chan." Hikaru mumbled, his face taking on a brighter hue. I felt myself frowning in concern, Is he getting a fever?

"Mn?"

"I was wondering."

Sasuke entered the small grassy clearing. "There you are. It's time to go."

"Right!"

Hikaru sighed.

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

Saving the prince. by acting as the circus.

Well, we weren't acting as a circus, of course. Kakashi would lead the circus through an act to distract the majority of people while we took the secret passage into the palace.

It was relatively uneventful getting into the palace, but once we were in, of course trouble ensued.

We headed down the hallways, my communicator buzzing in as Kakashi explained the distraction was complete and that Michiru was being held on the upper terrace. I explained the information to the others and we broke into a sprint.

We paused before the door to the front corridor, one of our soldiers slipping out and surveying the area. Once he gave the all clear, I relayed the message to Kakashi. Faintly, I could hear the music in the background come to an end as Kakashi began his own show.

Only seconds after the music ended did screams break out in front of the palace.

"That's our cue," I murmured, glancing back as Naruto moved to Hikaru.

He placed a comforting hand on the quivering boy, whispering words too quiet to be overheard. Hikaru gave a smile and nodded firmly. We headed out, quickly cutting across the room and heading up the stairs. After the first flight of stairs, we ran into the largest of the shinobi.

"Hehe, so he was right. That Ishidate is a clever one," he said, grinning and stepping forward. "He guessed that all that ruckus outside was a diversion."