Can You Hear Me?

( y/l/n stands for your last name, y/f/d stands for your favorite drink )

If someone were to ask you the question, "Is there a moment in your life that stands out to you the most?" you would definitely have an answer.

March 31st, 2009.

The day you lost the ability to hear.

It started off as just a normal day in the office. You worked for Scotland Yard. You were the head detective and by your side was your trusted partner Greg Lestrade. He had joined Scotland Yard a year ago, and with the two of you partnered up, together you made an unstoppable team.

The case was a simple one, by your standards at least. A father had murdered his wife and child and then fled with all the money he could carry. Together you and Lestrade went over photographs and notes of the case and crime scene before jumping in your police car and heading out.

(I didn't know if police cars are called squad cars in Britain or not so I'm calling it a police car. #dealwithit #getrektscrub #comeatmescrublordimripped)

Stop One: Coffee
Time: 9:05 am on March the 31st of 2009

Lestrade gets out of the vehicle and walks into L&L Coffee

Time: 9:06 am - 9:08 am

Detective y/l/n sits in the car waiting as Lestrade gets the two of them y/f/d.

Time: 9:09 am

Lestrade returns with the drinks and gets back into the car. Detective y/l/n takes a sip before placing the cup info the cup holder located in between the two seats. Y/l/n then steps on the gas and takes off towards the scene of the crime.

Stop Two: Crime Scene, 2285 Bradbury Street
Time: 9:24 am

The two of you arrived at the crime scene with a minimal amount of y/f/d having been spilled. You parked the car on the curb and got out, y/f/d in hand. Lestrade followed suit carrying y/f/d and his trusty notepad.

You locked the car and headed towards the front door of the house, but before you could get there you were suddenly interrupted by a snooty man in a trench coat.

"Hello," he said "Sherlock Holmes is the name, consulting detective's the game. Thought you police like idiots, sorry I mean clearly well trained professionals might need some help?"

This man was clearly no older than 22 and was doing nothing for the two of you but get in your way. "I think we'll be-" you began to say but you were suddenly interrupted once again by this Sherlock guy. "Great, I'll just let myself in then!" And with that he bounced off into the house, or crime scene rather.

"That's a weird one we've got there," said Lestrade, referring to what you could only assume was Sherlock. "Yeah," you replied "let's just hope he doesn't get in our way too much."

You entered the crime scene. Crime scene? Scene of the crime? You thought to yourself. But it didn't really matter or was in any way relevant so you dismissed the thought.

The scene of the crime/crime scene looked exactly like the photographs you and Lestrade had looked at when you were at the station. The killers wife was sat in the chair, a knife through her heart, and two more knifes in each of her hands securing her to the chair. The child was hanging from the ceiling by a noose.

"What a sicko," you whispered to Lestrade. He nodded. "Well it's blatantly obvious what happened here," said Sherlock "The killer, a 38 year old male, got into an argument with his wife over money problems. He had anger issues and was going to therapy but it was too expensive and didn't help. He's so filled with rage he stabs his wife in the hand and then grabs another knife to keep her arms down. He walks away and grabs a third knife when he remembers his child is still in the house, and he can't have any witnesses. So he finishes off his wife and hangs his child from the ceiling. Boring if I must say, so let's go see the vault! I mean that's where he kept all his money of course. Who knows, the man was so stingy with his money there might be a bomb in there!"

And with that he pranced down the hallway.

"Holy shit," you said. "That goes for two of us," said Lestrade.

The two of you decided to follow Sherlock down the hallway to where you assumed the vault would be. You were right, and Sherlock was currently trying to figure out its combination. "Okay wise guy," you said to him "I think you should let the professionals handle this." "No I've got it," he said.

But it was too late.

Sherlock hit the last digit of the passcode and the screen flashed red. The passcode was wrong. Sherlock began to run out of the house but you didn't follow. He knew about the bomb. You didn't.

Suddenly all you could see was darkness.

Stop 3: Saint Bartholomew's Hospital

Patient: Y/n Y/l/n
Time admitted: 10:31 am

Patient status : Y/n Y/l/n has been unconscious for some time now. After the bomb exploded the blast damaged Y/n's eardrums and head from the sound and from Y/n collapsing onto the floor, falling head first. Y/n will most likely never be able to hear again.

~Present Day~

I'm sorry Y/n Moriarty signed to you. We've been over these notes before, and you can't remember anything else. There's no other information except this.

Since the day you woke up in the hospital you couldn't remember what had happened that day previously. But when you read these notes you became hell bent on killing Sherlock Holmes. It was his fault that you couldn't hear anything anymore. That's why you joined forces with Moriarty. You were a new unstoppable team, maybe even better than you and Lestrade. And you were ready to dedicate the rest of your life to destroying Sherlock Holmes.

Alright you signed to Moriarty, Let's just go get this son of a bitch.
----------------------------------------

I hope you all enjoyed that! I tried to keep everything about the character pretty gender neutral since I've noticed I usually have been using female pronouns.

Anywho I'm sick of being an author that does nothing but go "I'm leaving, I'm coming back, wait no I'm leaving again."

I  just want to be here.

So if you don't see me posting anything just know that I'm really busy.

I love you all so much. And thanks to all of you for being there to support me. 

Also check me out on YouTube at ThatOneObsessedFangirl

Thanks! Bye!

-Kay