Thanksgiving (fluff)

Hey look it's a day late Thanksgiving one shot! Oooohhh! Good job me!
--------------------------------------------
It was Thanksgiving, a time for family, which meant one thing to Sherlock, introductions. So yes, it was finally time for you to meet Sherlock's family. You and him had been dating for nine months now, and he felt the time was right. So you had packed up all of your things in a suitcase and booked tickets for two, as you headed off.

You had met Sherlock's brother Mycroft once before, he had offered you money to spy on Sherlock for him. Of course you didn't know that this was Sherlock's brother at the time, but it turns out people don't have arch enemies. Mycroft had scared the living hell out of you that night, so needless to say, you were nervous as heck.

Dinner was going to be at 6:30 that night, but you were supposed to arrive at around four, in order to have time to socialize. You glanced at your hotel clock seeing that it was a bit after two. Time to get ready.

You stared with a shower, carefully shampooing, conditioning, washing, and shaving what was necessary. You hummed softly to yourself trying to shake your nervousness. Slipping out of the shower you dried yourself off with one of the hotel towels and plugged in your hair dryer.

It took you no time at all to finish styling your hair. Afterwards you gingerly peeked your head outside of the bathroom door to make sure Sherlock wasn't around. He was not to be seen so you slipped out and into the bedroom where you carefully got your outfit from your suitcase.

Just as you turned around Sherlock walked into the room. "Nice ass" You gasped and dropped your clothing. Sherlock chuckled. You scrambled to pick up everything before making a mad dash back to the bathroom. Sure you were his girlfriend but you were very self conscious. Being naked is one way you do not want to be seen, even if his compliment made you blush.

Soon you had your outfit on and your makeup and accessories to match. You stood in front of the bathroom's full length mirror making sure every angel looked good before stepping out of the bathroom. You headed into the bedroom to see...Sherlock completely fucking naked. "Nice ass" you commented. Sherlock turned around, startled, before laughing it off as he began to change into his Thanksgiving outfit.

You left the room to give him his privacy, smiling to yourself. You could call it even now.

Within a few minutes Sherlock was ready. It was around 3:30 by the time you finally left. You hailed a cab and soon enough you were on your way.

In the car you stared out the window, letting your thoughts get the best of you. What if they didn't like you? What if you messed up and spilled something! What if..."Y/n," said Sherlock. He placed a hand on your shoulder. "Are you okay?" "Mmm what? Me? Not okay! When has that ever happened? No I'm, uh, so totally good and fine! You know me, I'm a really fine real real guuuuuuudd! Yup yup!" You tried to smile convincingly. Of course, you couldn't fool him. "Y/n you said that you would freak out over meeting my parents." "I know Sherl, I know. It's just, things didn't go over well with Mycroft, and I don't want to screw up like that with your parents too. I just, I screw up everything. You deserve way better than me." You looked down at the ground, sullenly. "Y/n," Sherlock began "you are perfect for me, and I know they will love you. You just have to trust me. And you don't screw up everything, just be calm, okay?" You give him a side hug, "Okay."

Before you knew it you had arrived. Sherlock slid out as you payed the cabbie. You exited the cab and walked up to Sherlock. "Are you ready?" He asked turning to you. "Yeah, I'll be okay. I trust you." You said.

Together you walked up the front steps as Sherlock rung the doorbell. The door was opened to reveal none other then Mycroft Holmes. "Hello brother dearest," he said to Sherlock "and Y/n how are you on this fine day!" Mycroft...genuinely smiled at you! "I-I'm fine thank you!" You smiled back gingerly. "Oh Mikey! Is that Sherlock at the door!" You heard a woman call from inside. "You best come in," said Mycroft.

The three of you walked in and entered the kitchen finding Mrs.Holmes cooking. She turned around beaming at you guys. "Sherlock!" She said immediately embracing her son. Sherlock looked extremely uncomfortable as he was being hugged. "Hello mother," Sherlock said, politely patting her on the back. She let go of him and turned to you. "And you must be the lovely Y/n that Sherlock had told me so much about!" You and Sherlock both blushed. "Hello it's lovely to meet you!" She gave you a hug just as big as Sherlock's. She was so warm and welcoming, it made you feel right at home already.

"Is that son of ours finally here?" You turned around to see the original Mr. Holmes. "Hello father." Sherlock said. "Is this Y/n! What she's lovelier than I imagined!" Mr.Holmes greeted you. This caused you to blush even more as he also embraced you in a hug. "Now why don't we all retire to the lounge." Said Mycroft.

You all proceeded to have a casual chat about everyone and their personal lives, and everything was really pleasant. A while later you leaned over and whispered to Sherlock "Your family is so...normal. Your parents are so loving and nice. I was really worried they would judge me or be like you are to Anderson sometimes." Sherlock chuckled silently. "I'm glad you like them. I told you everything would be fine." "I love you." You whispered, "I love you too Y/n."

That evening you had a wonderful meal. By the end of it you truly felt like you were a part of the family. Even Mycroft loosened up around you. As you got in the cab on the way home there was only one thing you could say to Sherlock, "Can we come back next year?" "Maybe," he responded, "Or maybe we'll come back for Christmas."
------------------------------------------------
I'm on my way back from San Francisco right now. I'm also drinking a mocha frappé. Yeet. Just thought y'all should know.

-Kay