Sorry I Couldn't Be There

Today was a boring,dull,normal day. You had the day off from work so you had been sitting on the couch doing nothing for what seemed like hours. You flopped over on the couch now lying on your face. "Uhg" you groaned but it was muffled by the couch cushions so it came out as more of a "Mmmuuuurrgedd". You got up from the couch and stood up. Of course your standing up was quickly followed by you tripping on the carpet you were on and falling flat on your face. "Uhg" you groaned again and then went to the kitchen to get some ice. As you were icing your face you turned on your laptop and checked your email. "1 new email" it read. You opened your inbox to find one new email from your boss Lestrade. "Hope you're having a great day off!" It read. "Such a great day" you thought. You then proceeded to check your friend John's blog. You read the newest post. "By now you have probably all heard about Sherlock's unfortunate passing" it read. "no" you mouthed. "no no No No NO!" you were now yelling. You had just seen him. It had only seemed liked a couple days ago. How could something like this happen. "I thought the day couldn't get any worse." you said, your voice cracking. Sherlock and you had always been so close. You had met him through your job working with Lestrade. Why did he not tell you about this? Probably because he was afraid you would react how you were acting now. Your back was against your wall head in your knees. " I am so sorry Sherlock" you said aloud " I'm sorry I couldn't get to you in time. I should have been there" The waterworks had started now. " I love you Sherlock"you whispered " and I'll never forget you."