A/N Read if you are a Fangirl and are pumped for season 4 of Sherlock!

I found this article online and you all have to read it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fans of "Sherlock" finally have answers about the new installment of the franchise. After much speculation regarding when the new season will air, the BBC has announced there will be a special episode followed by Season 4. The filming of the special episode will commence in January 2015 and production of Season 4 will follow.

It was actor Martin Freeman, who plays Dr. Watson, was the first to hint at a one-episode special while on Alan Carr's Channel 4 talk show "Chatty Man." "Mark Gatiss may beat me up, but there is an idea for this one-off special that's such a good idea," said the actor. "As I was listening to it, I thought 'we've just got to do this.' It's a fantastic, really mouth-watering idea. But I really don't know when we are going to get to do it." What's more, RadioTimes first reported, citing anonymous sources, that the new season of "Sherlock" could be airing as early as next year! "It will not be this year - but 2015 is very much the hope and expectation," said the source, adding that production will take place at the start of 2015.

As for official air dates, taking into consideration that Season 4 will not begin filming until "later next year," it is a safe bet to assume the new full season will air in 2016, following the show's two-year gap pattern. "It's taken a little while to get the dates sorted as none of the boys are exactly sitting back twiddling their thumbs but there was unanimous goodwill to make this work, so we're thrilled that 221b is going to be inhabited again," said executive producer Sue Vertue in an interview. Check out 21 huge spoilers about season 4 of "Sherlock," include whether or not Irene Adler will be back:

1. It will be unexpected. "Of course, it's far too early to say what's coming, but we're reasonably confident that the very next thing to happen to Sherlock and John, is the very last thing you'd expect ... " teases Moffat to the BBC.

2. The show will be darker. "We're going to try to take it somewhere we've never been before - and I don't mean outer space," said Moffat to Entertainment Weekly." It will be challenging place to go. We always start with a re-introduction that builds toward a darker climax - we might just be going darker [from the outset]. We got a very, very good set of ideas." 3. The plans for season 3 are top secret. Moffat told Entertainment Weekly that season 4 will be even better than season 3. "We have a plan to top [Season 3]," said Moffat. "And I do think our plan is devastating. We've practically reduced our cast to tears telling them the plan ... we're probably more excited that we've ever been about Sherlock."

4. New season will be 'devastating.' In an interview with Entertainment Weekly, Moffat was if the new season can top season 3 and his reply was exciting and ominous: "We have a plan to top it. And I do think our plan is devastating. We've practically reduced our cast to tears telling them the plan ... we're probably more excited that we've ever been about Sherlock." Now, we know "devastating" is a subjective word and the verbiage is open to interpretation, but one has to wonder if Moffat is hinting at a death. A death of a major character will surely shake things up but the following question is which character will and can die? Through the process of elimination, we're inclined to believe it will be Sherlock's family member or Mrs. Hudson.

5. Will Mary Morstan die? According to FashionNStyle, the new season may have Mary Morstan, the wife and mother of Dr. Watson's child, dying. If this is to be the case, then fans will see Watson grieving. But we don't think the creators of the show will kill off Mary, as she's a dynamic female character and a wonderful addition to the team. Fans of "Sherlock" finally have answers about the new installment of the franchise. After much speculation regarding when the new season will air, the BBC has announced there will be a special episode followed by Season 4. The filming of the special episode will commence in January 2015 and production of Season 4 will follow.