References (fluff)

(The reader is referred to as they because gender neutral pronouns are important)

Sherlock's POV

Y/n and I were currently in the lab analyzing samples from a corpse. The corpse was a 45 year old man who had been shot several times in the chest. He was still wearing his clothing when he was found, but I was sure that where they had found his body was not where he had been killed. So Y/n and I were taking samples from his clothing and shoes.

Y/n stood hunched over the microscope looking at a sample from the bottom of the man's shoe. Y/n was humming softly as they worked. They looked cute when their focused.

"So," I said "what do we have." Y/n smirked. "Well," they looked up and said. "What?" I said. "THERE ARE TEN THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW!" They sang.

Instantly I took back the thought about them looking cute. "Y/n this is no time for Hamilton references," I said "JUST YOU WAIT!" They sang. I sighed. "Y/n no, please stop. Now, tell me what the ten things are." "Why do you assume you're the smartest in room," they sang.

"Y/n," I said as I glared at them. "Just one more, that would be enough!" They sang. I sighed again. "Fine," I said. Sometimes you just have to give in to Y/n's shenanigans.

Y/n coughed and then began to sing, or rap rather. "Sherlock Sherlock, look- my name is Y/n. I am a poet, I wrote this poem just to show it. And I just found a dead body. You can have this one, but you can't have mine. I practice chemistry, and play violin with you. I have the results of the test so don't look so blue. And I know you want to solve this case, Un deux trois quatre cinq!"

They beamed proudly but I knew they would never be satisfied.

-transition to 221b while you talked less and smiled more-

Y/n's a nice person, so after we were done at the lab I invited them over for dinner. I was busy cooking rigatoni pasta.

"Hey Sherlock," Y/n called from the living room "Is dinner ready yet?" "Not yet!" I called back. "IM WILLING TO WAIT FOR IT!" They sang. I muttered curses under my breath for falling for such an obvious setup for a reference. "Please stop," I called back."SOMETIMES THAT'S HOW IT GOES!" They sang back.

I guess it was time to fight back.

Y/n's POV

I was so winning. Sherlock hadn't even tried to fight my references. I was now sitting at Sherlock's table waiting for him to bring out our dinner. As he began to walk out of the kitchen I was already preparing my next attack.

He set down the bowls and sat across from me. I began to eat without saying a another word.

After a few minutes of silence Sherlock looked up at me and asked "How is it?" "AWESOME! WOW!" I responded.

Needless to say he looked pissed.

Sherlock stood up and walked toward the kitchen. Maybe I had taken this a bit two far. I stood up and began to head towards the kitchen but Sherlock returned with two glasses and a bottle of whiskey.

"Sit down, have a drink with me, one last time." He sang. "So this is the room where it happens," I sang back to him. "I'll write my way out of hell," he sang right back. "I can't seem to die!" I sang again! "Well you're never gunna be president now!" He sang! "That's one last thing to worry about!" I sang back.

He stood silent.

"Take a break!" I sang at him with a smirk. "Someday you'll blow us all away, but not today! They don't exactly cover this subject in boarding school."

"Okay, you win," he said in defeat. "Thank you," I said, finally satisfied. "I'll get you next time though," he said. "I'll teach you how to say goodbye," I sang. Sherlock just laughed.
----------------------------------------

Hope y'all liked that!

Recently I've become obsessed with Hamilton and this idea just came to me!

Sorry if you didn't get any of this since you aren't in the Hamilton fandom.

Love y'all!

-Kay