Chapter 9: Help with Zoe.

~Chapter Nine: Help with Zoe~

I look in the mirror. God I look as bad as I feel.

I mean, tear stained face, messy makeup and the same clothes as yesterday?

Not a good look to be honest.

I jump in the shower, and feel the warm water heat up my cold skin.

After I wash my hair and begin to feel slightly better, I change into some leggings and a grey contrast top.

I walk to the mirror to do my hair in a scruffy top bun. I look really pale from feeling sick.

I put on some makeup, not a lot though, don't want to look like a cake. When I was ready, I walk downstairs to my mother reading the newspaper at the table.

"Would you like to explain where you was last night? You could've at least told me you was stopping at that god damn party longer than twelve Laila."

My mom looked pissy. I best not tell her the truth that I got so drunk I couldn't even stand up straight, let alone remember to tell her I was fine and not coming home.

"Oh...about that, sorry, my phone died and by the time I found a charger to borrow, it was like one. So I decided to sleep there."

God what a shitty excuse there Laila.

I look down at my feet so my mum isn't able to see the lies written all over my face.

"Fine, just next time tell me okay? I worry epically as we've only just moved here. And one more thing, aren't you starting your job?"

I sit on one of the kitchen chairs whilst my mum flicks through the newspaper.

"Yeah...but not till Monday. And I wanted to ask you, is it alright if Harry stops tomorrow? He's going Sunday anyways."

My heart starts to pound as i said 'Harry'. I suppose I have to face the fact he's coming tomorrow.

"Yeah, Sure."

*******

I walk into Starbucks and see Zoe sitting at a table towards the back.

"Hey. What did you want to meet for?" Zoe smiles at me as I take the seat opposite.

"It's about last night. At Alfie's and the whole reason I stormed out, I'm really scared in case you think I'm a slut, only being here a few days and I've done something really stupid" I pause, Zoe staring at me confused.

"I slept with Marcus.."

Zoe's eyes widen in shock, and I wait for the negative comments that were only going to be the truth.

"Look, I'm not here to judge you. In actual fact, and no offense, you and Marcus were pretty drunk" She chuckles.

"And anyways what you do is nothing to do with me. Was it safe...like...you know?" her smiled disappears and she looks concerned.

"Yes. I mean, I think it was" I look down at my hands. I don't even know if we used protection.

"Look, you need to talk to Marcus about it all."

I look back at Zoe. "I can't he.., he hates me."

"Why would he hate you? It's his own fault as well you know." Zoe's face is full of sympathy.

"Because I have a boyfriend. I slept with Marcus whilst I'm in a relationship" The tears start to spill. I wipe my face but it was no use.

"Oh I see. I'm sure by now Marcus is calm, maybe you can talk properly about it, try to forget what happened as awful as that sounds, but for yours and Marcus' own good" Zoe comes and hugs me.

Maybe she was right, maybe we can just forget about what happened.

Right?