Chapter 14: What next?

~Chapter Fourteen: What next?~

I wait patiently for the news. I have the pregnancy tests lined up and Zoe is standing beside me.

"What if they are positive?" I ask Zoe nervously.

"Then, you go see Marcus." I look at her. The last time I saw Marcus was to tell him to forget what happened.

I look back at the time on my phone screen.

"I cant look Zoe, you do it please?" I walk away as Zoe looks at each test behind me.

She turns around after a few minutes.

Her face looks nervous, making me even more of a wreck. She walks over and hugs me.

"We need to get Marcus" Tears slip out more as I look back at the 'positive' tests.

*******

I'm sat in Zoe and Alfie's living room waiting for Marcus to arrive. Zoe invited him here as it's easier.

I hear a knock at the door then Zoe's voice followed by Marcus.

His voice gave me butterflies as I watch him walk in.

*******

Marcus pov:

I walk up to Alfie's front door. I thought it was strange how Zoe wanted me to come here to see Laila.

I haven't bothered with her since because I'm trying to ignore my feelings, and talking to her won't help. She has her boyfriend and I don't want to wreck it anymore than I already have.

I knock the door and not long after Zoe answers.

"Hey" she says and I smile back

"Alright."

Zoe points to the living room before whispering "Go easy on her."

What?

Now I'm worried.

I walk in the living room and see Laila sat down on the sofa, only her usual bubbly self looks tired and defeated, like she's been crying.

"H..hi" I mutter out, not sure on what to say to her.

"Hey, I have something to tell you." A few small tears roll down her beautiful face.

******

Laila's pov:

"I'm pre..pregnant" I start crying more as I hand Marcus the 'positive' test. He stands there in silence, shock written all over his face.

"Say something" I snap, not meaning to.

"How..how are you? the condom was on the floor?" He questions staring at the test puzzled.

"Maybe it split, I dont know Marcus. Either way I'm pregnant and its yours" I let out a weak sob that I was trying to hold in.

"What about Harry?" Marcus places the test down.

"He's gone. We're over" I mutter looking away.

"Oh."

"Is 'oh' all you can say?" I shout at him getting up from the sofa.

"Are you keeping it?"

How dare he even ask that me that?

"OH WHAT. DON'T YOU WANT ME TO?!" I then loose it punching his chest, screaming and crying. He pulls me into him to hug, I try fighting the hug but he just hugs me tighter. He's extremely warm and I feel safe.

He holds me in silence whilst I calm down.

After a few minutes he breaks the silence and whispers.

"The last thing I want if for you to get rid of our baby. I will help you through this. I will love our child just as much as I love you"