Chapter 20: Will you?

(A/N: I'm speeding this up, so this story won't be like 40 chapters long, but its a month later, and you will find out what Marcus needed advice for in this chapter, thanks for reading)!

~Chapter Twenty: Will you?~

*1 month later*

Laila's pov:

I'm in my room getting ready for the date Marcus invited me on tonight. Zoe is sitting on my bed reading a magazine because I need help with my outfit as not everything goes fits a baby bump.

I put on a long red dress and high black wedges. I walk over to Zoe who is still engrossed in her magazine.

"What about this?" I twirl around showing the dress off.

Zoe looks deep in thought before she finally answers.

"Maybe if we add a bracelet, and a nice necklace" she wanders over to my rack of jewellery and comes back with a bead chain bracelet and a short necklace with black triangle spikes on it.

"There! You hot mama!" We both laugh.

"Hot, no. Mummy, yes!"

I sit and do my makeup, nothing too heavy.

Zoe curls my long blonde hair. We hear the door knock so Zoe runs to get it.

I hear talking and footsteps as I make my way down stairs.

Marcus pov:

Tonight is the night I'm going to pop the question.

Zoe let's me in and tells me Laila is just finishing off her outfit.

I stand and wait for a while then I see the most beautiful girl I've ever laid eyes on walking down the stairs. She just looks gorgeous.

"Wo..wow" I breathe out.

Laila blushes at my reaction, causing me to smile.

~

Once we are both ready, I drive to the resturant. I open the car door for her and she looks at the restaurant.

"Wow..Marcus you didn't have to do all this. It's beautiful."

"I know, but I wanted to." She blushes again as I lead her in. We take our booked table and order food.

We both order steak and sit there talking for ages. I take her hand in mine on the table. She sits playing with the ring on my hand.

When our food comes, we both sit in a comfortable silence as eat the delicious  food.

Afterwards, we decide to go for a walk along Brighton pier.

*****

Laila's pov:

It's getting cold and my damn cardigan isn't keeping me warm enough. Marcus must have noticed because he takes of his jacket and rests it on my shoulders. It smells amazing just like him.

"Laila..there's something I need to tell you."

We stop walking and Marcus is looking deep in my eyes.

"I love you so so much and when I found out you had a boyfriend and you stormed out that door, I thought I had lost you forever, and I never want to take that risk again..So will you, Laila Middleton Rose.."

My heart starts pounding as Marcus gets on one knee and reaches for something in his pocket.

He pulls out a blue box and opens it saying the words "Marry me." I'm speechless. Tears of joy start falling.

"Yes, Marcus. Oh my god yes."

He takes my left hand and slips on the ring. I help him up off the floor and he puts his face to mine so our foreheads are touching.

"I love you Marcus Lloyd Butler" I lean into him and kiss him passionately.